Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:51 am
Mrs

karwalbubble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by aiki
I haven't really started job hunting actually ... But want to get some insight.
I have been doing this testing for almost 4 years. Previously I was research engineer.

You mean, the applicant doesn't need to go physically to recruitment offices to apply for a job?

The same as I heard from other job seekers. Seems you will get a chance if you physically already in NZ, having NZ address and NZ mobile phone number.
Did you experience the same thing?

The concern is once the job seeker is in NZ and seeking for job, it might take some times. During that time, the job seeker needs to struggle with the expense since practically he/she doesn't have any financial income but on the other hand the financial outcome could be high.

Thanks by the way for sharing your experience. Really appreciate it.
Yup, you don't need to visit physically. Once they got your CV they will contact you. If you are not in NZ , you can mention about skype id and be in touch through mails. Tell them you can call them on their number if required.

Yes ofcourse, you will get a chance if you physically already in NZ. I was not having much experience of applying jobs in NZ when I was in India. none was thr to guide me. I did not contacted consultancies at that time. So it depends if you apply.. keep trying..

you should be prepare for expenses. Main expenses are accommodation. so you should carry money for at least 1-2 months expenses. or you can do temporary jobs and apply jobs side by side.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Chkuruppuarachchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by shayrock
Hi guys,

I submitted my documents to Bangkok branch this Monday (23rd of July). Any one of you guys with the same situation?
Hi Shayrock,

I hv submitted my documents to Bangkok branch last Thursday (19th July). as per the branch they assign case officer for my application and waiting for the response...

wt abt u? did thy assign case officer 4 u?

GudLuck
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aiki
All the best for your residency

BTW, have you tried to search for job before you landed in NZ (i.e. before 9th Feb) or you start job hunting and sending your CV after you landed (i.e. after 9th Feb) ?

I am into Software Testing actually.

But heard that even though you have IT background, but since you have no Kiwi Experience, then it would be hard. Did you experience the same issue?

Thank You.

Hi aiki,

Ru from India? im also into software testing and im also litle bit confused about the testing job market in NZ...

Thank You
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Checo
This is so quick!!! My Silver Fern Visa has been approved. It just took two days to process at Dubai Branch. Here are my details,

SFV Online Application Approved: 4th May 2012
Documents Received at Dubai Branch: 16th July 2012
CO Assigned: 17th July 2012
SFV Approved: 18th July 2012

Good luck to all those who are still waiting for the decision.
Congratulation for you. What was the name for your Case officer in Dubai branch?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:38 am
Just Joined

shayrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chkuruppuarachchi
Hi Shayrock,

I hv submitted my documents to Bangkok branch last Thursday (19th July). as per the branch they assign case officer for my application and waiting for the response...

wt abt u? did thy assign case officer 4 u?

GudLuck
Hi kuruppuarachchi,
I think they haven't assign a case officer for my application yet. I got an email saying state of my application changed and in NZ immigration web site shows that my documents are received. Did you get an email saying that the case officer is assigned. Are you from Sri Lanka? I'm from Sri Lanka.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shayrock
Hi kuruppuarachchi,
I think they haven't assign a case officer for my application yet. I got an email saying state of my application changed and in NZ immigration web site shows that my documents are received. Did you get an email saying that the case officer is assigned. Are you from Sri Lanka? I'm from Sri Lanka.
Hi shayrock,

Yes, Im frm SL... just ping 1 mail to branch and thy let u knw abt that... if a case office is assign to u thy wl tl that...

GudLuck mate....
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:02 am
Just Joined

shayrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chkuruppuarachchi
Hi shayrock,

Yes, Im frm SL... just ping 1 mail to branch and thy let u knw abt that... if a case office is assign to u thy wl tl that...

GudLuck mate....
Thank you brother Good luck to you too. I will send an email and see.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

DinaALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, this is first time I am participating in this forum. However I'm being a member of this forum since May 2012.
I am among the lucky ones who were selected for this year silver fern visa. I am facing very unique situation I guess. At the moment I am doing my postgraduate studies
in microbiology.
I have no work experince at all.
Today I got an email from my CO to provide the Cv and current job evidence.
The problem is I have no current job evidence .
Would it be a issue? Because the reason I applied for this visa was that there is a no job experince requirement as such.
Any advise or similar experince please share.
I am dealing with Dubai branch.cheers
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

wishing13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DinaALL
Hi everyone, this is first time I am participating in this forum. However I'm being a member of this forum since May 2012.
I am among the lucky ones who were selected for this year silver fern visa. I am facing very unique situation I guess. At the moment I am doing my postgraduate studies
in microbiology.
I have no work experince at all.
Today I got an email from my CO to provide the Cv and current job evidence.
The problem is I have no current job evidence .
Would it be a issue? Because the reason I applied for this visa was that there is a no job experince requirement as such.
Any advise or similar experince please share.
I am dealing with Dubai branch.cheers
I suggest you explain your situation with your case officer, for sure he or she will consider the circumstances involved.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by wishing13
I suggest you explain your situation with your case officer, for sure he or she will consider the circumstances involved.
Thanx,
Yes I already did so. But wondering that there is not a single person in this forum who has confronted the same or similar situation.
Seems like everybody have a wealth of experince in there fields.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanx,
Yes I already did so. But wondering that there is not a single person in this forum who has confronted the same or similar situation.
Seems like everybody have a wealth of experince in there fields.
Did the case officer reply to your email or still ?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by hmlamie
Did the case officer reply to your email or still ?
Yes, with very skeptical answer...what about you...have you got yours?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Yes, with very skeptical answer...what about you...have you got yours?
No, CO just inform me about the requirements and i will submit them in Dubai Branch. What your CO officer said? by the way what is the name of your CO?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

lucky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

My all documents including Medical Certificate, Police Certificate, Passport etc. are ready for submission to INZ however, unfortunately my IQA report is still awaited. Last date to furnish my SFV application with all documents is 11 Aug 2012. Is there any provision that INZ could give me relaxation for some days in furnishing my IQA report if it is not received well in time?? Please share if someone has such experience.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 10:25 am
Just Joined

mgn_v is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa got approved today.

Submitted the documents on 9th July and received the call from CO on 19th July. Requested for Employment document, which I have submitted on 20th July.Today, my status got changed as Approved and the approved date as 19th July.

All the best for those who are waiting for their approvals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.