Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old May 13th 2012, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

wm_try_it is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Work experience applies to level 4 only
Old May 13th 2012, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

arslan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by mozdok
.net and sharepoint mainly , what about you ?
same .net and recently working on sharepoint project..
Old May 14th 2012, 1:38 am
Just Joined

pronvit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Anybody from Russia here?
Old May 14th 2012, 2:34 am
Just Joined

wm_try_it is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arslan123
same .net and recently working on sharepoint project..
I am specializing in Sharepoint also.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:42 am
Just Joined

ennaibor_21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Workvisa
Hi ennaibor_21 ,

I'm also Network Engineer , Good to see you.
What are your plans?
Hi WorkVisa,

We are planning to move once the visa is approved. My husband got the silver fern visa and he's just preparing the documents. My husband is an auditor and he has a second interview from an employer in NZ. Hope he will be able to get it. What is your current work and which country are you?
Old May 14th 2012, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by starfern
Well I see mostly are IT or software engineers. Anyone from Singapore?
Hi,

I'm from Singapore. What is your current work?
Old May 14th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ennaibor_21,

i am in Singapore too..good to know there are some from Singapore..have you been contacted by the branch yet ?
Old May 14th 2012, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

lucky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone share his / her valuable comments regarding employment opportunities for Accountants / Auditors (in IT auditors) in New Zealand. I am ACMA from Pakistan, M.Sc. in Computer Sciences and CISA Certified.

Which qualification I should choose for assessment? I have experience in multiple areas including accounts, finance, audit and IT audit.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Workvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ennaibor_21
Hi WorkVisa,

We are planning to move once the visa is approved. My husband got the silver fern visa and he's just preparing the documents. My husband is an auditor and he has a second interview from an employer in NZ. Hope he will be able to get it. What is your current work and which country are you?
Hi Ennaibor_21,
Best of luck to your husband, I'm working as a Sr. Network consultant for an European retail market & from India.

You seems to be from Singapore.

Do you have idea about the market in NZ for Network engineers?
Old May 14th 2012, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

AmericanTurningKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I wish I found this message board before. Hey everyone, I am an American environmental engineer (energy field) looking forward to my future in New Zealand, and got one of the 300 spots for a Silver Fern Visa. It is great to see people from diverse backgrounds accepted into this program, and who knows, maybe we can help each other out when in New Zealand since we're all coming from distant places.

I have been gathering the required documentation but stumbled upon an issue today. I was at the hospital to have my blood test and x-ray done when I was told that they could not sign the forms as required by New Zealand due to "Chain of Custody".

Has anyone else come across this? I would not be surprised if this issue was unique to the United States due to all the lawyers and frivolous lawsuits in the country.
Old May 15th 2012, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmericanTurningKiwi
Wow, I wish I found this message board before. Hey everyone, I am an American environmental engineer (energy field) looking forward to my future in New Zealand, and got one of the 300 spots for a Silver Fern Visa. It is great to see people from diverse backgrounds accepted into this program, and who knows, maybe we can help each other out when in New Zealand since we're all coming from distant places.

I have been gathering the required documentation but stumbled upon an issue today. I was at the hospital to have my blood test and x-ray done when I was told that they could not sign the forms as required by New Zealand due to "Chain of Custody".

Has anyone else come across this? I would not be surprised if this issue was unique to the United States due to all the lawyers and frivolous lawsuits in the country.
Hi Americanturningkiwi,
Did you go to one of the INZ approved hospital?
You can find it here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs.htm?level=1
Old May 15th 2012, 2:18 am
Just Joined

AmericanTurningKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Aiki,

I appreciate your help. I have checked this link before and here is what it said for the United States:

City or County: United States of America
Notes: Persons inside the USA can use any local doctor within the United States of America. Medical certificates completed in the USA must be completed by a Doctor of Medicine (MD) only. The medical certificate cannot be completed by a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), a Nurse, or a Physician's Assistant.
My doctor filled out the form and signed without issue, but the labs for the tests refused to fill out the forms, citing "Chain of Custody".
Old May 15th 2012, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Workvisa
Hi Ennaibor_21,
Best of luck to your husband, I'm working as a Sr. Network consultant for an European retail market & from India.

You seems to be from Singapore.

Do you have idea about the market in NZ for Network engineers?
Hi WorkVisa,

I'm a Senior Network Engineer too. I'm working from Singapore. I think Wellington is the good place for us to apply. When are you going to submit the documents?
Old May 15th 2012, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yoyoma
hi ennaibor_21,

i am in Singapore too..good to know there are some from Singapore..have you been contacted by the branch yet ?
They just sent me an email to pass the documents. Do you know if we need to notarize or authenticate the document because it's not stated in the email.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

when did you get the email ? today ?
I have not got any email yet.
I will let you know what will they mention in my email...hopefully i got the email from them soon...

Originally Posted by ennaibor_21
They just sent me an email to pass the documents. Do you know if we need to notarize or authenticate the document because it's not stated in the email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.