Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old May 12th 2012, 3:24 am
Just Joined

arslan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by mozdok
yeaah , Software Engineer, from Egypt
In which technology? .net or java
Old May 12th 2012, 3:59 am
Just Joined

starfern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Well I see mostly are IT or software engineers. Anyone from Singapore?
Old May 12th 2012, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that all of us are IT. For me I am Oracle Application functional consultant speialIzed in HRMS
Old May 12th 2012, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

shankee is an unknown quantity at this point

i can't understand the last question in silver visa confirmation email and also don't know what the document need to submit for that

Here the question below
---------
(__) evidence that you hold, or you can obtain, New Zealand registration if your qualification is relevant to an occupation that requires registration by law in New Zealand.

if anyone knows ... please help me to submit the document
Old May 12th 2012, 2:19 pm
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by shankee
i can't understand the last question in silver visa confirmation email and also don't know what the document need to submit for that

Here the question below
---------
(__) evidence that you hold, or you can obtain, New Zealand registration if your qualification is relevant to an occupation that requires registration by law in New Zealand.

if anyone knows ... please help me to submit the document
this can be a bit confusing for many but a good example is here - A secondary teacher needs to have his/her occupation registered in NZ in order to work and for immigration purposes. the assessing body in this case is NZ Teachers council. now before you approach the assessing body you would need an IQA irrespective if you qualification is exempt for this purpose you would have to apply at the NZQA. there are certain occupations that need to go through this process - teachers, nurses, accountants, lawyers etc. plz feel free to clarify
Old May 12th 2012, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

mozdok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arslan123
In which technology? .net or java
.net and sharepoint mainly , what about you ?
Old May 12th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mozdok
.net and sharepoint mainly , what about you ?
I opened a thread in New Zealand main page in BE, i think we can share our thoughts there, so any body welcome to interact and give his opinion regarding the IT jobs in New Zealand

Adding link

Last edited by BEVS; May 16th 2012 at 12:57 am. Reason: adding the link to the threrad to help.
Old May 12th 2012, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ajd
this can be a bit confusing for many but a good example is here - A secondary teacher needs to have his/her occupation registered in NZ in order to work and for immigration purposes. the assessing body in this case is NZ Teachers council. now before you approach the assessing body you would need an IQA irrespective if you qualification is exempt for this purpose you would have to apply at the NZQA. there are certain occupations that need to go through this process - teachers, nurses, accountants, lawyers etc. plz feel free to clarify
thanks a lot ... for your replay .. I'm a software developer .. do i need do that process ?
Old May 12th 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

thanks a lot ... for your replay .. I'm a software developer .. do i need do that process ?
No, i am IT as well, we don't need any registration, only the NZQA qualification assessment
Old May 12th 2012, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hmlamie
No, i am IT as well, we don't need any registration, only the NZQA qualification assessment
once again thanks bro . ... got a small confusion on that question... finally gt a clear idea
Old May 12th 2012, 3:51 pm
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30604.htm
Old May 13th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hmlamie
I believe it depends on your qualification.
As far as I understand, If yours is exempted , i.e. it is on the list of qualification exempt, then you would not need NZQA assessment.
Old May 13th 2012, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

yes you r right... that depend on the qualification
Old May 13th 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

is it enough to the show the current balance of my bank account (letter from the bank) for Silver fern Visa ? ? ? if anyone knows please give an idea to do this process
Old May 13th 2012, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

wishing13 is an unknown quantity at this point

__) evidence you meet the qualification requirements:

* a qualification equivalent to a New Zealand Bachelor's degree (level 7) or higher OR

* a trade qualification equivalent to a New Zealand National Certificate (level 4) AND evidence of two years of relevant work experience in that trade

Quite confused about the statement above. I have a bachelors degree equivalent to level 7 do i still need to provide evidence of work experience or it only applies to level 4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.