Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old May 3rd 2012, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Do you guys receive an email from immigration?
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

adamj is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually feel pretty crushed; I've been waiting on this for ages.

How likely is it that places are going to become free again?

Last edited by adamj; May 3rd 2012 at 10:52 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

karthikeyanpandian is an unknown quantity at this point

me too .. and its 3.30 am in india to try this .. and april 27th it was postponed .. today overloaded and closed within 10 mins
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

snomad is an unknown quantity at this point

This is all i get now when i log back in on two different browsers.

Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting new applications for the Silver Fern Job Search visa.

There is a limited quota of Silver Fern Job Search visas each year. The quota for this year has already been filled.

i submitted bang on 10 am NZ time and got straig to no places available screen. I then got through 5 times to submit page and each time it said no places available apart from once. still didn't get through.

Mistakes I think i made were refreshing the the continue button when i kept getting the hung blank screen after my first unsuccessful attempt. No Patience. Better luck next year!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

bvp663 is an unknown quantity at this point

Neither British nor an expat but this is the only discussion I've found online regarding the silver fern visa.

I did go ahead and call the immigration control office in New Zealand over Skype and they informed me that the quote is in fact full. I had filled out the entire application last week and tried to submit it within the first 5 minutes of the quota opening with no luck.

My application still shows "pending submission" which I assume means I'm out for the count on this one. Bummer. I thought had it locked down but it sounds like things filled up within the first 3 minutes. Congratulations to everyone that got in and best of luck to everyone trying next year.

For someone who still wants to get over to New Zealand, what are my other visa options? Just went through a breakup and I'm looking for an adventure.
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ajibodu
Nah ! still need to wait for some hours, anyway i made it am lucky one i only received alert from my bank that INZ as deduct for SILVER FERN
I got the email in my inbox 30 minutes ago ... Now start to worry about the next steps ...
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

jundan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snomad
hi did you say 10PM UK TIME as that would be 9AM NZ time. Well done if you got through.
oops sorry that's me getting it wrong in my excitement - it was 11pm uk time
Just Joined

karthikeyanpandian is an unknown quantity at this point

yea me too did the same mistake .. people who had patience were rewarded .. congrats guys , but the entire visa is now dependent on the IT system's processing power!!! Not expression of interest by eligible migrants !!! A different experience .. I am still trying if by any chance some user locked it and didnt pay it ? am i stupid doing so ?
Just Joined

And for everyone who didn't get a place, remember, it is purely down to luck.

It is such an arbitrary way of assigning visas. Who here would happily pay NZ$140 to apply at any time during the year so that they could at least have their application checked and then entered into a lottery on the 27th of April each year. Much fairer, a lot less stressful, and generates more revenue for NZ government.

Maybe common sense will prevail, until then let the chips fall where they may.

Congratulations to all the successful applicants.
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

adamj is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry but the whole Silver Fern system is clearly flawed beyond belief if every single place gets taken within the first five minutes.

Yes... I'm obviously biased (and pissed off) that I didn't get in, but c'mon... it's absurd.
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bvp663
Neither British nor an expat but this is the only discussion I've found online regarding the silver fern visa.

I did go ahead and call the immigration control office in New Zealand over Skype and they informed me that the quote is in fact full. I had filled out the entire application last week and tried to submit it within the first 5 minutes of the quota opening with no luck.

My application still shows "pending submission" which I assume means I'm out for the count on this one. Bummer. I thought had it locked down but it sounds like things filled up within the first 3 minutes. Congratulations to everyone that got in and best of luck to everyone trying next year.

For someone who still wants to get over to New Zealand, what are my other visa options? Just went through a breakup and I'm looking for an adventure.
How old are you? I'm assuming too old for Working holiday visa.
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aiki
I got the email in my inbox 30 minutes ago ... Now start to worry about the next steps ...
What is your online status mate ? because am lucky one as well but have not yet received any e-mail, i was only sent a confirmation from my bank. please let me know your statues online ?
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ajibodu
What is your online status mate ? because am lucky one as well but have not yet received any e-mail, i was only sent a confirmation from my bank. please let me know your statues online ?
Hi Dude, It is "Application Received" ... how about yours?
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karthikeyanpandian
yea me too did the same mistake .. people who had patience were rewarded .. congrats guys , but the entire visa is now dependent on the IT system's processing power!!! Not expression of interest by eligible migrants !!! A different experience .. I am still trying if by any chance some user locked it and didnt pay it ? am i stupid doing so ?
In our defense though, we weren't to know if the system was broken or just slow, especially as they had postponed for a week due to technical difficulties.

EOI is next i reckon but need to get an open Job offer for the points. My brother is an NZ citizen but lives in OZ. Which is neither useful for NZ or an Australian Visa. Where there's a will there's a way.
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aiki
Hi Dude, It is "Application Received" ... how about yours?
Still pending ! but payments successful ! hope there is no problem ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.