Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 7th 2012, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by WayneChen
I don't mind posting it here.

But let's wait one or two more days.

Because I complained something new yesterday.

I don't know whether I can get extra information, bust still wait.....

Although sad and a bit angry, I don't want to be reckless and rude to the country I yearn for....
I don't think that dedication will make much of a difference, these guys are so ruthless that they wouldn't mind screwing you over at every opportunity.
Old May 7th 2012, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent had a reply to my complaint email yet, although I only sent it sunday morning (england time).

I think I will put a complaint in today with the ombudsmen, so it opens an official investigation if they agree to look at it. It will be good if a lot of rejection ppl put in a complaint as it will seem more serious. I did try to paste the link but it didnt post so I guesd if you google ombudsmen nz it will come up!

Interesting that they have changed their website message...no doubt they are taking legal advice and probably watching forums like these!
Old May 7th 2012, 9:05 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beanaleena
I havent had a reply to my complaint email yet, although I only sent it sunday morning (england time).

I think I will put a complaint in today with the ombudsmen, so it opens an official investigation if they agree to look at it. It will be good if a lot of rejection ppl put in a complaint as it will seem more serious. I did try to paste the link but it didnt post so I guesd if you google ombudsmen nz it will come up!

Interesting that they have changed their website message...no doubt they are taking legal advice and probably watching forums like these!
you have my support will do the same....
Old May 7th 2012, 9:06 am
Just Joined

wishing13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Silver Fern Job Search Visa this year?
Like previous years, the Silver Fern Job Search quota of 300 people filled extremely quickly. There were roughly 4000 people logged on to apply at the same time. However, the part of the system that is supposed to automatically stop people progressing to the payment section of the website once the quota is full did not work. Instead our IT team manually turned off the quota as soon as they realised the quota had filled, about two minutes after the quota opening.

We are resolving this problem with our IT vendors to identify why this problem occurred and to prevent it happening again.

How many people were affected?
About 330 people paid for a Silver Fern Job Search Visa after the quota was full. Roughly a further 100 were in the payment section but had not paid when the quota was manually closed. Customers in the payment section would have received an error message and not been able to lodge their payment.

What will happen to the people who are affected?
The people who have already paid have received an email advising them that unfortunately they have not obtained a place. They will receive a full refund of the fee to their credit card. This is being processed on Tuesday and will appear in accounts on Wednesday.

We have not been able to identify the clients who were in the payment section but could not complete payment. There is a message on the Silver Fern Job Search page (www.immigration.govt.nz/sfjobsearch) exYjplaining the situation for them.

How did INZ identify which people fell within the quota out of the people out of the people who paid?
INZ obtained the exact time that each payment was confirmed from the payment system. We used this to determine the first 300 applicants with confirmed payments. Those whose payments were confirmed after this point were sent emails to let them know that unfortunately they were unsuccessful.

Is this related to the other error with Silver Fern this year which caused the scheme to be delayed by one week?
The earlier error was related to people creating and editing applications, whereas this error was with the submitting and payment of applications. We believe they are unrelated, but our IT team is looking into both.

Why did the original email that people received confirming a place come from a different email address and contain a different client number to the email they received later explaining the error?
The first email is automatically sent once payment has been processed. This comes from an email address for automated emails and refers to the client number generated by the immigration IT system. This is the client number that should be used as reference when dealing with INZ by phone or email.

The second email advising of the error came from an address that INZ uses to send communications to clients. We could not use the same email address because this would involve reprogramming our system and would have taken more time. The client number in this email actually refers to a number generated by the payment system (which is not part of INZ’s system) because, as discussed above, the payment data was used to find out who fell within the quota.

My apologies for the confusion and trouble this has caused.

Above is the reply i received from my local inz office. I thought it would be helpful to share the above info. Seems im one of the unlucky 330 who received the error email. Im really so depressed today😁
Old May 7th 2012, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

There were 780 people who gone to payment screen and only 380 were able to pay so only 80 guys who got the error email. Confirmed by Immigration officer today. So there is only 80 Visas that will help the cause...
I had a half an hour conversation with them and i requested many times to tell me my number in queue but the person just said i cant provide you that but u r among those 80 applicants that are unsuccessful..
Old May 7th 2012, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Like previous years, the Silver Fern Job Search quota of 300 people filled extremely quickly. There were roughly 4000 people logged on to apply at the same time. However, the part of the system that is supposed to automatically stop people progressing to the payment section of the website once the quota is full did not work. Instead our IT team manually turned off the quota as soon as they realised the quota had filled, about two minutes after the quota opening.

We are resolving this problem with our IT vendors to identify why this problem occurred and to prevent it happening again.

About 330 people paid for a Silver Fern Job Search Visa after the quota was full. Roughly a further 100 were in the payment section but had not paid when the quota was manually closed. Customers in the payment section would have received an error message and not been able to lodge their payment.

The people who have already paid have received an email advising them that unfortunately they have not obtained a place. They will receive a full refund of the fee to their credit card. This is being processed on Tuesday and will appear in accounts on Wednesday.

We have not been able to identify the clients who were in the payment section but could not complete payment. There is a message on the Silver Fern Job Search page (www.immigration.govt.nz/sfjobsearch) explaining the situation for them.

How did INZ identify which people fell within the quota out of the people out of the people who paid?
INZ obtained the exact time that each payment was confirmed from the payment system. We used this to determine the first 300 applicants with confirmed payments. Those whose payments were confirmed after this point were sent emails to let them know that unfortunately they were unsuccessful.

Is this related to the other error with Silver Fern this year which caused the scheme to be delayed by one week?
The earlier error was related to people creating and editing applications, whereas this error was with the submitting and payment of applications. We believe they are unrelated, but our IT team is looking into both.

Why did the original email that people received confirming a place come from a different email address and contain a different client number to the email they received later explaining the error?
The first email is automatically sent once payment has been processed. This comes from an email address for automated emails and refers to the client number generated by the immigration IT system. This is the client number that should be used as reference when dealing with INZ by phone or email.

The second email advising of the error came from an address that INZ uses to send communications to clients. We could not use the same email address because this would involve reprogramming our system and would have taken more time. The client number in this email actually refers to a number generated by the payment system (which is not part of INZ’s system) because, as discussed above, the payment data was used to find out who fell within the quota.

Got this message this morning from my local inz office. Guess im 1 of the unlucky 330
Old May 7th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

wow..if there were only 80 people who received that error email..
we might still have a chance to fight to let the 80 cap in !!!!!!
Old May 7th 2012, 9:20 am
Just Joined

I hope they can give us a chance
Old May 7th 2012, 9:21 am
Just Joined

We have not been able to identify the clients who were in the payment section but could not complete payment. There is a message on the Silver Fern Job Search page (www.immigration.govt.nz/sfjobsearch) explaining the situation for them.

Old May 7th 2012, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Above is the email i received from my local inz office
Old May 7th 2012, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yoyoma
wow..if there were only 80 people who received that error email..
we might still have a chance to fight to let the 80 cap in !!!!!!
We should show much more impetus make it happen
Old May 7th 2012, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Newbie here, i was trying to post the email reply i received from my loal inz office dunno why its no showing.

Anyway i was informed that im one of the 330 applicants who were able to proceed paying even beyond qouta
Old May 7th 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

wishing13,

may i know which email address did you send to ?
Old May 7th 2012, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Brokenhearted and depressed at the moment coz just yesterday he confirmed that i can proceed collating all the sfv requirements for submission and this morning i received a very bad news thru email telling me that i really wasnt included on the quota
Old May 7th 2012, 9:35 am
Just Joined

I sent the email inquiry to the branch where im supposed to submit my requirements

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.