Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 13th 2012, 6:11 am
Just Joined

yuva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Hi Aj,

I have a European Master Degree which is on exemption List ,But my Bachelor`s university in India is not on the Exemption list .Whether i need to go for assessment for my bachelors or i can proceed with my Master`s .Thanks for your information.
Old May 13th 2012, 6:14 am
Just Joined

balitin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Hello AJ,

See the link below

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35171.htm

Particularly for canada, since my bachelors of engineering is suffice, does that mean I don't ve to submit PG Diploma whilst applying for visa or I can submit as it strengthens my application, what if they ask for NZQA for PG? Then I am in trouble coming back to square one.

Thanks.
Old May 13th 2012, 6:43 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by yuva
Hi Aj,

I have a European Master Degree which is on exemption List ,But my Bachelor`s university in India is not on the Exemption list .Whether i need to go for assessment for my bachelors or i can proceed with my Master`s .Thanks for your information.
ideally you should be assessed on your most recent qualification - as in your case the masters degree... this is a bit of a twisted issue and entirely depends on your case officer... i suggest you write in a mail to NZ asap and clarify this issue with them - plz note: you must work fast as time is running out and certain procudures are time consuming and expensive - a better suggestion is to give them a call
Old May 13th 2012, 7:06 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by balitin
Hello AJ,

See the link below

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35171.htm

Particularly for canada, since my bachelors of engineering is suffice, does that mean I don't ve to submit PG Diploma whilst applying for visa or I can submit as it strengthens my application, what if they ask for NZQA for PG? Then I am in trouble coming back to square one, which is time consuming.

Thanks.
i dont want to mislead you so this is my personal opinion - your bachelors alone should be equivilent to a level 7, which is required to process your SFV. no additional qualification will strenthen your case. E.g. the IELTS with a band score of 6.5 or 8 both applications will be accepted irrespective if one is higher than the other. however, in your case it is your canadian degree that would exempt you from the IELTS. I suggest you give the NZ immigration a call to avoid any delays.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks AJ, you are a persona man.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Hello yuva,

Nice knowing u from chennai, me too. Do lemme know if u give them a call regd the NzQa, as we both are in same boat. Ll let u know as well once I get to them.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:43 am
ajd
Forum Regular

guyz when you do contact the NZ immigration and if they require you to have your qualifications assessed ask them if a PAR from NZQA would suffice as it is cheaper than an IQA and also less time comsuming.... good luck
Old May 13th 2012, 7:48 am
Just Joined

PAR is a great idea, but it's only for EOI as mentioned in the NZQA website. But this question is certainly a valuable piece, I ll ask them, who knows if they accept that, it would be gr8.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:53 am
ajd
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by balitin
PAR is a great idea, but it's only for EOI as mentioned in the NZQA website. But this question is certainly a valuable piece, I ll ask them, who knows if they accept that, it would be gr8.
PAR is designed for immigration purposes and not EOI alone. i know it is mentioned on the NZQA site for EOI but its a provisional report and hopefully should suffice ...
Old May 13th 2012, 9:52 am
Just Joined

starfern is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WayneChen
What are you specialized in ?
Electrical. How about you?
Old May 13th 2012, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

yuva...i have the similar case, and i will try to contact my branch officer too..please update each other

Originally Posted by yuva
Hi Aj,

Old May 14th 2012, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Workvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Did anybody had re-payed the SFV fee NZ$ 200?
I was contacted by the branch responsible for processing your application on last friday.
Old May 14th 2012, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

i have not received any contact from my branch yet..
anyone from Singapore ?
Old May 14th 2012, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Wait for a couple of days yoyo, you will receive it. By the way did you call the Singapore branch reg email. If you do ask regarding NzQA as well, I ve to call them 2day.
Old May 14th 2012, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Balitin,

has your branch contacted you ? which branch are you in ?
yes, i will also ask about the NZQA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.