Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 5th 2012, 2:33 am
  #31  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
hmooda911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: silver fern visa accepted and then rejected - 2012

hi everybody
i am now in nz ...i have been granted the SVF 2011.
really it was hard for me to get this visa, as i remember it was 10:40 am (nz time) when they accepted my application...it was very very hard to get a place, and i was using at that time (Internet Exp, chrome and firefox) i was using to get the visa at the same time -

The important thing is after they get your payment, the next day the system should automatically send to you an email..but this year i don't know what's happen...

Anyway, who was not able to have a place on SFV, I can see he/she is lucky..because really it's very very very very hard to get a job. I'm an accountant and I have a good experience and my visa will expire by the end of June, until now I could't find job near or in my major, i work in industry for meat and before it i had a part time job !!!

Just I think who have an IT experience, his/her chance to get the residency is easy...for me I regret to be in nz.I know a guy who have a few years in IT and before he was in auckland, many companies make with him many interview by skype when he was in his home country. So i suggest for anybody to apply for seek before you be here in nz....try and see how it's going with you.

If your major is not in a skilled major, it will be very hard for you to get a work in nz, a the unemployed rate is raised and the nz now doing decrees for a benefits, the life is expensive here.

for me, i am now thinking to try aust, a lot of kiwis move out to it...I am sorry for saying I dislike NZ.

Last edited by hmooda911; May 5th 2012 at 2:44 am.
hmooda911 is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 4:29 am
  #32  
ajd
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 58
ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice
Default Re: silver fern visa accepted and then rejected - 2012

Originally Posted by yellow_four View Post
Hello, same case with my sister, her application and payment were received and she was informed by email where to send the docs but then at around 5pm she got the same automated email that due to technical error that occured, her application and payment were received in error and that it cant be processed anymore and the fee will be refunded...

I think, best option is to call the immgration and clarify things...
i have sent a mail and hope to hear from them by [email protected]
yes getting a job in nz is hard but i guess its worth the try as i'm certain of getting a job back home [email protected] - y dont you try at the works and income department - trust something should work out for you, dont give up hope
ajd is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 4:42 am
  #33  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 34
Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by adamj View Post
I don't think it would be especially fair, but given that there are only 300 places, a lottery would at least provide everybody with an equal chance of being accepted. It would be completely random rather than being influenced by your internet speed or how quickly you manage to type in your credit card details... which is ultimately what separated the acceptances and rejections in the shamble of a system that they have used this year.

And what about people who were unable to get access to a computer at 10am NZ time?... they had absolutely no chance whatsoever. If INZ are restricting Silver Ferns to 300 places then they need to give everyone who is interested an equal chance.
I was going to say exactly that, a lottery system would provide an equal chance for everyone to be accepted instead of this chaotic system. Currently the following is published on the SF website

Due to a technical error with this year’s scheme, some people may have progressed to the payment stage of the online application process but were prevented from making their payment. Payment was prevented as the scheme was full. We apologise for any confusion this may have caused. The scheme will open again on 27 April 2013.

I would have absolutely no qualms if payment was prevented but when payment is taken and confirmation email is sent out it should be considered a done deal. I am thinking of approaching the Daily Mail for an article to be published on this just for the fun of it, to put them under the media attention but I guess we will have to wait for the final outcome on Monday.
Teddykgb is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 7:34 am
  #34  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 18
Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by Teddykgb View Post
I was going to say exactly that, a lottery system would provide an equal chance for everyone to be accepted instead of this chaotic system. Currently the following is published on the SF website

Due to a technical error with this year’s scheme, some people may have progressed to the payment stage of the online application process but were prevented from making their payment. Payment was prevented as the scheme was full. We apologise for any confusion this may have caused. The scheme will open again on 27 April 2013.

I would have absolutely no qualms if payment was prevented but when payment is taken and confirmation email is sent out it should be considered a done deal. I am thinking of approaching the Daily Mail for an article to be published on this just for the fun of it, to put them under the media attention but I guess we will have to wait for the final outcome on Monday.

I noticed this message on the website and noticed the same thing....it sea they are hiding the fact that the have potentially hundreds of peoples money in confirmed cases. I was considering contacting some kind of nz trading standards body to investigate....but at the end of the day they could accept our application and then reject it when the other bits are submitted! If the english media can put on some pressure....it might be good?!
Beanaleena is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 7:56 am
  #35  
ajd
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 58
ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

silver fern visa 2012 - accepted and then rejected.... since it is a system error - i dont think many of us have had a fair chance?
ajd is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 8:21 am
  #36  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by Teddykgb View Post
I was going to say exactly that, a lottery system would provide an equal chance for everyone to be accepted instead of this chaotic system. Currently the following is published on the SF website

Due to a technical error with this year’s scheme, some people may have progressed to the payment stage of the online application process but were prevented from making their payment. Payment was prevented as the scheme was full. We apologise for any confusion this may have caused. The scheme will open again on 27 April 2013.

I would have absolutely no qualms if payment was prevented but when payment is taken and confirmation email is sent out it should be considered a done deal. I am thinking of approaching the Daily Mail for an article to be published on this just for the fun of it, to put them under the media attention but I guess we will have to wait for the final outcome on Monday.
Hi
Definitely we have to bring it to the attention of the media, as its really unfair how they are stating it on the site. we can contact people from the media to at least publish an article. As many of us waited for ages to get the SFV, personally this is my second attempt, and there are many who missed it. I'll try to contact NZHERALD newspaper as I used there services before and will see what they'll say.
sriraksha is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 8:35 am
  #37  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 34
Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by Beanaleena View Post
I noticed this message on the website and noticed the same thing....it sea they are hiding the fact that the have potentially hundreds of peoples money in confirmed cases. I was considering contacting some kind of nz trading standards body to investigate....but at the end of the day they could accept our application and then reject it when the other bits are submitted! If the english media can put on some pressure....it might be good?!
I have a suspicion that they have decided to limit the initial number of places due to high unemployment rate within NZ. Read this http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...e-2010-1-.html

In regards to trading standards, I don't think they are governed by trading standards practises as they are a government department but I am very sure they have their very own QA unit that one can write to.

As for rejecting the application once it has been submitted must be accompanied by a valid reason and as long as you comply with all the outlined requirements there is nothing they could do reject an application.
Teddykgb is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 8:53 am
  #38  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 10
yuva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Silver fern Visa 2012- Accepted and then rejected . I`m so upset over this .Waiting for monday to hear from them..
yuva is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 9:01 am
  #39  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 34
yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

I also received the error email yesterday..really super disappointed about it...
My page shows that Application Received and Status Payment received..
And on the below of it also shows that Visa Work with Status Pending...
I read someone mentioned that the place was filled up in 2 minutes..
i was thinking 2 minutes are not enough to complete end to end transaction with the slow response from the server...
yoyoma is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 4:09 pm
  #40  
slanderer of the innocent
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 6,695
ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by Teddykgb View Post
I have a suspicion that they have decided to limit the initial number of places due to high unemployment rate within NZ. Read this http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...e-2010-1-.html

In regards to trading standards, I don't think they are governed by trading standards practises as they are a government department but I am very sure they have their very own QA unit that one can write to.

As for rejecting the application once it has been submitted must be accompanied by a valid reason and as long as you comply with all the outlined requirements there is nothing they could do reject an application.
except if the 300 spots were already filled
ExKiwilass is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 4:58 pm
  #41  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 34
Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by Kiwilass View Post
except if the 300 spots were already filled
Read the original post again in the right context.
Teddykgb is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 5:34 pm
  #42  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 26
tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Hi Teddykgb

Were you able to submit the form within 2 minutes? If so I think you are right. 300 places can never be filled in 2 minutes. Something is really wrong here

Originally Posted by Teddykgb View Post
Hi all,

I too have received that ridiculous cancellation email that they sent out almost 7 hours later. I just couldn't believe it and immediately rang up the contact center to confirm it and the bloke just apologised for the inconvenience. It is unbelievable how 300 places were taken in a matter of 2 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a stuff up or a scam.

I'm not happy that they have my money, will ring them up on Monday to find out more
tommyhoney is offline  
Old May 5th 2012, 8:17 pm
  #43  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 19
vivekananth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by ajd View Post
silver fern visa 2012 - accepted and then rejected.... since it is a system error - i dont think many of us have had a fair chance?
I'm new to this forum and I have got the "application was accepted in error" message as several other people got here. But there might be a chance that our application is received because it's an automated message. I've spoke to INZ guys in my country and forwarded my both emails (Confirmation email and error email) to them. Let's see on Monday. we hope we will receive positive email from INZ.
vivekananth is offline  
Old May 6th 2012, 4:14 am
  #44  
ajd
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 58
ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by vivekananth View Post
I'm new to this forum and I have got the "application was accepted in error" message as several other people got here. But there might be a chance that our application is received because it's an automated message. I've spoke to INZ guys in my country and forwarded my both emails (Confirmation email and error email) to them. Let's see on Monday. we hope we will receive positive email from INZ.
vivekanath, i think a few people only received a confirmation email unlike us who also received the 'error' email. so i guess those selections were confirmed.... hope what ur saying is true!!!
ajd is offline  
Old May 6th 2012, 5:21 am
  #45  
ajd
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 58
ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

any one know if the reference number on the payment receipt matters? mine shows 15**....
ajd is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.