Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 4th 2012, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Hi Evryone
I'm really sorry for the people who got the Evil Error Email...after submitting, I Hope who have submitted and got the confirmation email should be in as its the server's fault not your's.
nothin offensive, but I think only people from few countries qualify for the WHV- so I guess you should've applied for WHV instead of SFV in the first place.

''hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies''. - Shawshank Redemption

regards
Old May 4th 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

oxide007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beanaleena
Surely, they have to honour these visas?! Or there is probably something somewhere in the small print saying they can withdraw the offer at any time!
Hopefully they honour these as the issue got to do with their poor system rather than our mistake. Well I'm waiting for a good feedback from them..

Cheers
Old May 4th 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

starfern is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my application received but my payment is still pending.
I have used a debit card instead of credit card.
I also have the problem of payment as it is disconnected after I entered the details. However, when I return to the previous page, the page shows that my payment has been processed.

But up to now, I still have not received any email confirmation from INZ. Worriesd sick. Does your application status shows the application number?
Old May 4th 2012, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

adamj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beanaleena

Surely, they have to honour these visas?! Or there is probably something somewhere in the small print saying they can withdraw the offer at any time!
This stage was merely the application starting point. An acceptance email is not the promise of a visa, it is merely the acceptance of your application. And if they have already sent out error emails I think it is unlikely that they will go on to provide the unfortunate people with actual visas. In my experience, immigration derpartments are a fairly uncompassionate bunch.

I didn't even get as far as the payment submission page. I was ready and waiting to submit my application at the opening time but all I got was ten minutes of waiting and then a page informing me that all the places had gone.

I honestly think that they need to completely rethink the application process for the Silver Fern visas. It is quite clearly a shambolic mess in its current form and has left a lot of people very disappointed. Personally, I had such high hopes for this. I had been waiting on the scheme to open for months and it was pretty much the only thing in my life that I had to look forward to. Needless to say I am distraught that I didnt get a place.
Old May 4th 2012, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point

What if due to some error all those who were able to submit the form yesterday got this error email? Is there anybody here in this forum who didn't get this mail?
It is still difficult to believe that all the 300 seats got filled up in 10 minutes. Can't understand why didn't this issue occur last year?

Originally Posted by oxide007
Hopefully they honour these as the issue got to do with their poor system rather than our mistake. Well I'm waiting for a good feedback from them..

Cheers
Old May 4th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
And where are these 300 people ? ? who got through, I have only seen hand full..saying they got through in all of the forums...at least 10% didn't came out saying they got through.......so WHO got through ? ? ?
Last year too people had problems, with the forms....

Seriously NZ Immigration should change the way silver fern is going, as people do fill in forms on-line and buy tickets for sports, concerts etc etc in thousands and they don't get any problem. and why is it wrong with SFV every year....
Old May 4th 2012, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

oxide007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well no clue really, I'm nOT sure if those 300 visa is really exist or merely just 30 visa's. I could see we have less than 20 of them are in here, in BE. Not sure how many BE got succesfull visa compare to us, with a sad face :-(

Well if those 300 who applied having the same issue then it's a status quo. The decision got to come from INZ end of the day

Originally Posted by tommyhoney
What if due to some error all those who were able to submit the form yesterday got this error email? Is there anybody here in this forum who didn't get this mail?
It is still difficult to believe that all the 300 seats got filled up in 10 minutes. Can't understand why didn't this issue occur last year?
Old May 4th 2012, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I too have received that ridiculous cancellation email that they sent out almost 7 hours later. I just couldn't believe it and immediately rang up the contact center to confirm it and the bloke just apologised for the inconvenience. It is unbelievable how 300 places were taken in a matter of 2 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a stuff up or a scam.

I'm not happy that they have my money, will ring them up on Monday to find out more
Old May 4th 2012, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

rajaduraisaamy is an unknown quantity at this point

Two of my friends have got their confirmation email alone. So I guess they are also falls in those 300 confirmed list...
Old May 4th 2012, 6:51 pm
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice
Default Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

hi
i was successful in lodging my silver fern visa application on the 4th of may 2012. Thereafter I proceed to the payment section and finally got a confirmation at 10:10 am (nz timing) indicating that the payment has been received and my application has been lodged, I also received an email stating the documents required and the final date for application lodgment and name of the branch mentioned. Hours later at around 5pm nz time, I received another email stating that my application has been declined due to a system error and that I should consider applying next year and that the fee would be refunded to meā€¦
should I not get a fair chance as it was a system fault and not mine? I have successfully completed an IQA with level 9, IELTS 8 academic and also have an occupational registration.
Any help rendered would be more than appreciatedā€¦
Old May 4th 2012, 9:13 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamj
I honestly think that they need to completely rethink the application process for the Silver Fern visas. It is quite clearly a shambolic mess in its current form and has left a lot of people very disappointed. Personally, I had such high hopes for this. I had been waiting on the scheme to open for months and it was pretty much the only thing in my life that I had to look forward to. Needless to say I am distraught that I didnt get a place.
Sucks.

But I don't see any way around the disappointment even if the system was different...300 visas is NOT a lot when you consider the 1000s of people all over the world who could apply. Even if it was a lottery, would that be any fairer? Sucks that people's hopes were allowed to go up and then shattered though.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

yellow_four is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: silver fern visa accepted and then rejected - 2012

Hello, same case with my sister, her application and payment were received and she was informed by email where to send the docs but then at around 5pm she got the same automated email that due to technical error that occured, her application and payment were received in error and that it cant be processed anymore and the fee will be refunded...

I think, best option is to call the immgration and clarify things...
Old May 4th 2012, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Sucks.

But I don't see any way around the disappointment even if the system was different...300 visas is NOT a lot when you consider the 1000s of people all over the world who could apply. Even if it was a lottery, would that be any fairer? Sucks that people's hopes were allowed to go up and then shattered though.
I don't think it would be especially fair, but given that there are only 300 places, a lottery would at least provide everybody with an equal chance of being accepted. It would be completely random rather than being influenced by your internet speed or how quickly you manage to type in your credit card details... which is ultimately what separated the acceptances and rejections in the shamble of a system that they have used this year.

And what about people who were unable to get access to a computer at 10am NZ time?... they had absolutely no chance whatsoever. If INZ are restricting Silver Ferns to 300 places then they need to give everyone who is interested an equal chance.
Old May 5th 2012, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Maybe a fairer system would be to increase the number of SF Job Search Visas that are given out, but then limit the SF Practical Experience Visas to the first 300 who actually manage to find skilled employment.

Obviously, that would have its problems and I'm not seriously suggesting it as an ideal solution.... but if the mess that took place this year is typical of previous years... why have they not made an effort to improve it? Surely they can see how flawed and unfair it is.

It's laughable how the website states
"It is a very popular scheme, and places are usually all taken on the opening day."
They should change that to "places are usually all taken within the first ten minutes".
Old May 5th 2012, 12:09 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamj
Maybe a fairer system would be to increase the number of SF Job Search Visas that are given out, but then limit the SF Practical Experience Visas to the first 300 who actually manage to find skilled employment.

Obviously, that would have its problems and I'm not seriously suggesting it as an ideal solution.... but if the mess that took place this year is typical of previous years... why have they not made an effort to improve it? Surely they can see how flawed and unfair it is.

It's laughable how the website states
"It is a very popular scheme, and places are usually all taken on the opening day."
They should change that to "places are usually all taken within the first ten minutes".
I don't think it's that unfair. Ultimately INZ has no control over how many people apply. Anyway, better luck next time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.