Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 8th 2012, 6:16 am
Just Joined

huoyubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

I totally agree with you guys here.
It cannot be done like that so easily! Things are not done in this way.
You even cannot find any explanation in the INZ website.

We need work together to get formal explanations from INZ! Or we should consider to sue INZ in order to protect our rights and prohibit this happened again in the near future.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Originally Posted by BEVS
I would agree with this.

Also I do think it odd that some of you are receiving more information that others via email.

Personally speaking and it is just a personal view. If it is 80 applicants only then no skin off NZIS nose to let those 80 through. After all all those on the SV visa have to pay money and evidence support for their keep whilst here in NZ. They all , also, have to go through the ring of fire that is trying to gain a substantial job offer in times when job offers can be very hard to come by.

If those that got through are willing to risk all ,then it is what is called a 'cash cow' for New Zealand as an extra 80 are willing to pay into the economy in the hope of finding that all important job offer.

Please note that some of those from 2011 SV last year have struggled to find a suitable job offer and so may not be able to stay.
Absolutely right. I made the exact point to one of the senior officers this afternoon and told that the move they made was a very short sighted. Good grief, would it have killed them to just allow the extras this year.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we need to collect info from ourselves here, and then send one mail to the higher level officer ?

Me first

Receipt number 1493
Citizenship: China
Old May 8th 2012, 6:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Teddykgb
Well two options really, you can continue crying in your beer or keep pursuing them until they come up with a fair compensation
What is your suggestion for that.

and revamp their system so such ridiculous technical errors will not occur again in the near future.
You have a right to be angry. However, it is often read that major companies etc have such tech errors. Banks springs to mind.

I'd suggest telling someone that they can "continue crying in their beer" is not a way to elicit group camaraderie.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

oxide007 is an unknown quantity at this point

may i suggest to create an online petition, lets everyone in here to write up and submit it to NZ Ombudsmen
Old May 8th 2012, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

@Beanaleena I was wondering if you have heard anything back from Ombudsman?
Old May 8th 2012, 6:32 am
Just Joined

sanyaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone write the template of e-mail with complain? So anyone of us can edit it and send. With explanation what happened and what is the problem. Thank you in advance.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WayneChen
Do we need to collect info from ourselves here, and then send one mail to the higher level officer ?

Me first

Receipt number 1493
I think if we want to collect this info then we should start a separate thread for info only ... r might add in the POOL thread ..as here the information will get lost in the discussion...
Old May 8th 2012, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oxide007
may i suggest to create an online petition, lets everyone in here to write up and submit it to NZ Ombudsmen
multiple people online meeting through SKYPE is a good choice
Old May 8th 2012, 6:35 am
`

Originally Posted by WayneChen

Me first

Receipt number 1493
May I suggest that the time of acceptance and the time of rejection is important in a way.

I feel that those accepted may fall into the shadows here as they will want their own applications to stand and who can blame them BUT if you all can show that acceptance and rejection was random, intermittent & nothing to do with it being the first 300 and the rest by tech hitch then that would help.

May I also say to forget the business of suing a government body. It won't work. What you need is a solution to the distress and anxiety this tech glitch has caused..

1 - NZIS accept the errant , in excess of 300 SFV2012
2 - NZIS put some to front of SFV2013 and cap other entries for 2013.
3 - Public apology
Old May 8th 2012, 6:36 am
`

Originally Posted by Maryam90
I think if we want to collect this info then we should start a separate thread for info only ... r might add in the POLL thread ..as here the information will get lost in the discussion...
OK. I am prepared to give that a go. I will open the thread. - click HERE to add your details.

Last edited by BEVS; May 8th 2012 at 6:40 am.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:41 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

lodged a complaint with Mr. Guy and ombudsmen... hope for a poistive response.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:47 am
Just Joined

hazzik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajd
lodged a complaint with Mr. Guy and ombudsmen... hope for a poistive response.
Could you please share complaint template, so other peoples could send it too?
Old May 8th 2012, 6:48 am
`

Originally Posted by hazzik
Could you please share complaint template, so other peoples could send it too?
Actually, that is a most excellent idea. Show concerted effort and unity.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
What is your suggestion for that.
Since they claim it is a 'technical error', I am arguing that the results generated from an 'unfit' system is inconsistent and therefore not valid and asked for ALL the applications on the 4/5/12 to be scrapped and for them to have a fairer submission/redraw this time on an error free system or if they won't agree to that, they should at least guarantee a place for us in next year's quota.

You have a right to be angry. However, it is often read that major companies etc have such tech errors. Banks springs to mind.
Yes, this is very different to say having a million dollars deposited into your account by error and taken away. The system they have is useless and for the past 3 years they have had issues with it.

I'd suggest telling someone that they can "continue crying in their beer" is not a way to elicit group camaraderie.
You've just done a Dailymail here,taken it out of context by truncating the full sentence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.