Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 7th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

i don't get why they have not changed our application status..
It has already been 2 days, and they still give us false hopes..
if they really confirm that we did not succeed, would not they stop playing around with us..or at least they should send another email to ignore whatever we see when we log in to our application page
Old May 7th 2012, 9:53 am
Just Joined

ennaibor_21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wishing13
Newbie here, i was trying to post the email reply i received from my loal inz office dunno why its no showing.

Anyway i was informed that im one of the 330 applicants who were able to proceed paying even beyond qouta
Hi,

May I know your invoice number and did you receive the unsuccessful letter?

Last edited by ennaibor_21; May 7th 2012 at 9:57 am.
Old May 7th 2012, 9:59 am
Cyn
Just Joined

Cyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maryam90
Hi folks...
I’m new to the forum but following the post since I became victim of the same adverse... I called them and they have nothing but apologies.
My friend got selected at 10.06 and I paid at 10.08 as per the payment receipt. Means by 10.06 the quota was not reached at the threshold of 300 as my friend got through.

In my opinion just apologies cant help there are questions and they are liable to give satisfactory answers.

Just saying a “Technical Error/Fault” is not enough. We need the detailed report to be issued by the department explaining all the technicalities as one technical issue is identified how they can justify that the rest of the selection was fair enough. There whole system needs technical review by a third party for clearance from this issue. I second Teddykgb, If the system had technical issues than the whole selection should be canceled as it was done on inconsistent and error prone system that might resulted in uneven possibility for every applicant to go through and we can dispute that selection needs to be done all over again by not just cancelling the 80 visa applications they marked by some means as fatal.

Secondly there has to be a way to compensate
They either put these 80 applications in queue for SFV and as soon a place becomes available at any time of year due to any application among the 300 is declined or withdrawal then the next person in queue should be given that place. And the rest of the people in queue should be entertained in 2013 quota opening without the need to apply they should be given a place in 2013 quota at first place. I think that’s fair enough.
that's actually unfair. This technical error affected a result of three groups of applicants which were i) the applicant who was successful granted a SFV, ii) granted a visa but withdrew it later on, iii) the unsuccessful applicant

the unsuccessful applicant should be also considered as victim if the INZ give the priority quota to the group ii . It will just expand the negative influence of this issue. This compensation just sacrifice the unsuccessful applicants to take the consequence that should be taken by the INZ.

Therefore, your suggestions would either ruin the rule of 300 quota limit or occupy the 80 quotas that should be every applicant's opportunity in the year 2013.
Old May 7th 2012, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

There were 780 people who gone to payment screen and only 380 were able to pay so only 80 guys who got the error email. Confirmed by Immigration officer today. So there is only 80 Visas that will help the cause...
I had a half an hour conversation with them and i requested many times to tell me my number in queue but the person just said i cant provide you that but u r among those 80 applicants that are unsuccessful..
I cannot believe only 80....in my mind I was thinking hundreds! That cannot be impossible to get through. Lets keep fighting....i think we have at least 20 of those ppl in this forum

ombudsmen office of complaint here I come!!!!
Old May 7th 2012, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in a situation that is not documented anywhere and happened for the first time … so rules need to be formulated yet… We all are looking for a Win-Win situation and policies are meant to be enhanced according to circumstances and INZ has to make a positive gesture by admitting there mistake to continue attracting highly skilled people otherwise if the trend continues skilled people will find their way some where else …
Old May 7th 2012, 10:23 am
Just Joined

wishing13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beanaleena
I cannot believe only 80....in my mind I was thinking hundreds! That cannot be impossible to get through. Lets keep fighting....i think we have at least 20 of those ppl in this forum

ombudsmen office of complaint here I come!!!!
Per email of my inz branch there were 330 of us
Old May 7th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point

There were 780 people who gone to payment screen and only 380 were able to pay so only 80 guys who got the error email. Confirmed by Immigration officer today. So there is only 80 Visas that will help the cause...
I had a half an hour conversation with them and i requested many times to tell me my number in queue but the person just said i cant provide you that but u r among those 80 applicants that are unsuccessful..
I rang the contact centre advisor on Friday and I'm currently waiting to hear back from a higher ranking official because I refused to take 'No' for an answer and she had to open a case.

I would say don't stop at that, ask to speak to the branch manager and if he/she doesn't give you a satisfactory answer ask to be put through the Deputy Chief Executive's office. Do a google search for 'INZ Complaints Process' and the chief exec's contact details are on there.

It is not over yet, just don't give up - If you really think you deserve it make sure you GET IT!
Old May 7th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wishing13
Per email of my inz branch there were 330 of us
Would you mind posting the contents of the letter on here so we can all read it and more importantly get the relevant oganisations involved i.e. Ombudsman, the press and solicitors.
Old May 7th 2012, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody who is planning to ring them tomorrow should ask them regarding the unsuccessful candidates count to clarify n should try to ask what was their exact number in the queue as they hesitate giving these details but we have all the right to know.
Old May 7th 2012, 11:06 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

lets keep a common ground to fight on - i would like to know as to why they kept our money for three days and have not provided any service - i refuse to invest in any place where i cannot expect something back... NZ accepted our money irrespective of a system error now they must provide us the service for the money accepted... if required i dont mind hiring a solicitor...
Old May 7th 2012, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Anybody who is planning to ring them tomorrow should ask them regarding the unsuccessful candidates count to clarify n should try to ask what was their exact number in the queue as they hesitate giving these details but we have all the right to know.
What would one do with that queue number?
Old May 7th 2012, 11:14 am
Just Joined

dxBBoi is an unknown quantity at this point

In my case I made sure I had the application open 5 mins before 10 am !! And exactly when the new Zealand immi website indicated it was 10 !! I quickly selected the continue option !! And it took me a good 2-3 mins to open the next page where I had to tick few boxes and then I proceeded to the payment screen which again took 2-3 mins to appear !!

Eventually when I put in my card details , it dint take long to process payment !! Thankfully!! An by 10 10 I got my reference and payment details , althought I shocked to learn that a lotta people whose payment went at 10 10 !! Got a rejection email from nz immi which is pretty disheartening!! But thanks to the almighty I haven't received a rejection mail !!

So keep your eyes and ears open to the dates and timings an the final tip would be to make sure u have a good Internet connection !!

All the best !! And hope the above helps to everyone interested in applying next year !!
Old May 7th 2012, 11:21 am
Just Joined

wishing13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my payment confirmed at 10.08am but still i got the rejection letter????
Old May 7th 2012, 11:22 am
Just Joined

arslan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxBBoi
In my case I made sure I had the application open 5 mins before 10 am !! And exactly when the new Zealand immi website indicated it was 10 !! I quickly selected the continue option !! And it took me a good 2-3 mins to open the next page where I had to tick few boxes and then I proceeded to the payment screen which again took 2-3 mins to appear !!

Eventually when I put in my card details , it dint take long to process payment !! Thankfully!! An by 10 10 I got my reference and payment details , althought I shocked to learn that a lotta people whose payment went at 10 10 !! Got a rejection email from nz immi which is pretty disheartening!! But thanks to the almighty I haven't received a rejection mail !!

So keep your eyes and ears open to the dates and timings an the final tip would be to make sure u have a good Internet connection !!

All the best !! And hope the above helps to everyone interested in applying next year !!
I received reference and payment details at 10:05 and also not receiving any rejection email.
Old May 7th 2012, 11:23 am
Just Joined

dxBBoi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thts crazy mate!! And yeah u guys deserve to get an answer from nz immi without any doubt !!

All the best !!

<><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.