Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old Aug 24th 2012, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

naveen99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Guys,
This forum is extremely useful in making decisions and hope I will make a decision with the situation I have:

I'm currently working for an MNC(in IT software) which is perfectly in my career path. I have recently got my SFV approved and passport delivered to me (AUG 22nd) with Blue sticker on it. So is it worth taking the risk of resigning the company here in India and moving to NZ. ? and what chances that I have of getting the job ?

I know anyone cant give assurance or percentage of getting a job, even though i do the thorough ground work. The only concern is what if we wont get the job in 9 months and we have to return to our own country with no job in NZ as well as in home country.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:51 am
Just Joined

nadun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Originally Posted by naveen99
Guys,
This forum is extremely useful in making decisions and hope I will make a decision with the situation I have:

I'm currently working for an MNC(in IT software) which is perfectly in my career path. I have recently got my SFV approved and passport delivered to me (AUG 22nd) with Blue sticker on it. So is it worth taking the risk of resigning the company here in India and moving to NZ. ? and what chances that I have of getting the job ?

I know anyone cant give assurance or percentage of getting a job, even though i do the thorough ground work. The only concern is what if we wont get the job in 9 months and we have to return to our own country with no job in NZ as well as in home country.
naveen99, I do have the same doubts as you..but I'm willing to take that risk to try out this opportunity .. for the worst case if I don't get a job in 9 months, I'll look into some other career paths just for a change
Old Aug 25th 2012, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Rmeow is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Hi!

Just wanted to know what does medical received mean after the interview has been done? How much time does it take for decision made?

Regards,

RMeow
Old Aug 25th 2012, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

silverfern2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi every one.my visa got approved.thanks to all of you for sharing the information......my time line is:
applied:4 may
submitted:12 july
lodgmnet:20 july
interview:1 aug
approved:23 aug

my advice to every one :be patient ...be patient..

Last edited by silverfern2012; Aug 25th 2012 at 2:46 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rmeow
Hi!

Just wanted to know what does medical received mean after the interview has been done? How much time does it take for decision made?

Regards,

RMeow
hi
in my case the medical recived was at 20 julyand visa approved at 23 aug.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

nadun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silverfern2012
hi every one.my visa got approved.thanks to all of you for sharing the information......my time line is:

congratz and wish you good luck
Old Aug 25th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Upset13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Regards,

RMeow
Hi mate. In my case medical received 20 July and decision made on the 10th of august.

Good luck and don't worry mate you'll get your approval.

Upset
Old Aug 25th 2012, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Originally Posted by Upset13
Hi mate. In my case medical received 20 July and decision made on the 10th of august.

Good luck and don't worry mate you'll get your approval.

Upset
My timeline is as below

Documents received - 17/07
Interview - 03/08
Medicals updated - 20/08
Approval - ???

Not sure what this means!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Upset13 is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline is as below

Interview - 03/08
Medicals updated - 20/08
Approval - ???

How did the interview went? What did the co said? My opinion is you are ok you just have to wait. They updated your medical after the interview. Now they are checking your other docs. And you also have to take in consideration that august is the month when most of the people take their vacation time. So don't panic my friend just be patient I'm sure you will receive the good news soon.

cheers

upset
Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Upset13
How did the interview went? What did the co said? My opinion is you are ok you just have to wait. They updated your medical after the interview. Now they are checking your other docs. And you also have to take in consideration that august is the month when most of the people take their vacation time. So don't panic my friend just be patient I'm sure you will receive the good news soon.

cheers

upset
Keeping fingers crossed!!!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

My timeline is as below

Interview - 03/08
Medicals updated - 20/08
Approval - ???

dont worry,,it will take some time to varify ur doc...just check ur page on nz web site daily.....good luck
Old Aug 26th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

maddy13885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

.just check ur page on nz web site daily.....
I checked my application page every 5 minutes for nearly 2 months until I saw the approved status on it. Now I realise how crazy I was awaiting the status update.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maddy13885
I checked my application page every 5 minutes for nearly 2 months until I saw the approved status on it. Now I realise how crazy I was awaiting the status update.
Was a little curious again, but just wanted to know as to how are you intimated about the delivery of your passport along with your documents after the approval?

Do they (VO) call you and inform that we are sending the passport or you need to assume that you will received your stuff within 2-3 days of the approval date?

apologies but all these questions are making me more and more curious as the days pass...
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

maddy13885 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was a little curious again, but just wanted to know as to how are you intimated about the delivery of your passport along with your documents after the approval?

Do they (VO) call you and inform that we are sending the passport or you need to assume that you will received your stuff within 2-3 days of the approval date?

apologies but all these questions are making me more and more curious as the days pass...
Don't worry, you will get to know your approval status by an email from the case officer and they might ask you to confirm the address where the passport needs to be despatched.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

oxide007 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.