Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old Aug 19th 2012, 3:18 am
Just Joined

nadun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Hello everyone, I got my SF visa approved and received my passport yesterday.. I'm also from Sri Lanka
Old Aug 20th 2012, 10:22 am
Just Joined

naveen99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

I got my SFV Approved... After a long wait.
Status online shows "Expiry Date Travel as 14 May 2013 with Multiple Entries" Does this mean I have to travel before 14th May 2013 ? then why is it said that SFV holders have to travel before 6 months ?

Silver Fern Visa (SFV) Applied (Online Application) - 04 May 2012
Lodgement Date - 13 Jul 2012
Medicals Referred to MA - 19 Jul 2012
SFV Interview - 14th Aug 2012
Visa APPROVED - 20 Aug 2012
Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by naveen99
Status online shows "Expiry Date Travel as 14 May 2013 with Multiple Entries" Does this mean I have to travel before 14th May 2013 ? then why is it said that SFV holders have to travel before 6 months ?

Hi naveen99,

Congratz to you ..Yes thats correct..you will have to arrive at NZ before 14th May 2013. Once the visa has been approved you got 6 months to arrive at NZ and from there on your first arrival, you will have 9 months of working visa
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Rmeow is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Naveen!

What branch have u submitted ur docs?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

devsha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nadun
Hello everyone, I got my SF visa approved and received my passport yesterday.. I'm also from Sri Lanka
Congratz Nadun, Wow.. another sri lankan got approved. I am Sri Lankan too. Wish you all the best. When do you plan to go to NZ?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by devsha
Congratz Nadun, Wow.. another sri lankan got approved. I am Sri Lankan too. Wish you all the best. When do you plan to go to NZ?
Thanks devsha and congratz to you too as well .. I'm hoping to move in next january.. I got time since february as it says.. how about you
Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks devsha and congratz to you too as well .. I'm hoping to move in next january.. I got time since february as it says.. how about you

Yes. I am also hoping to move in next January.. We both are in same boat. :-) .
Where do you plan to stay in NZ? Auckland? What’s your job sector?
I am a software engineer / developer.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Yes. I am also hoping to move in next January.. We both are in same boat. :-) .
Where do you plan to stay in NZ? Auckland? What’s your job sector?
I am a software engineer / developer.
I'm also an SE machan.. well technically an ASE .. still haven't decided where to stay.. it will depend on where we get the offer ne .. are there any fellow sri lankan's u know machan ? I feel creating an fb group will be a good idea to kit.. what say you
Old Aug 20th 2012, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

I'm also an SE machan.. well technically an ASE .. still haven't decided where to stay.. it will depend on where we get the offer ne .. are there any fellow sri lankan's u know machan ? I feel creating an fb group will be a good idea to kit.. what say you
Thats great..idea... machan. I assume that you have a skype account and I can send my skype name in a private msg.. That will help us to share and communicate lots of things....
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Chkuruppuarachchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shayrock
My visa got approved
I'm planing to move on 1st week of September
Congrtzzz shayrock....
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ChKurrupu, I got my PC from birth to date and I assumed that you also sent your document to Bangkok branch which has clearly stated it in their web site specially for Sri lankans.

Anyway.. dont worry, thats not an big issue,You will be approved very soon.

cheers
devsha

I miss that part buddy... today i have resubmit PC to bangkok branch.. hoping for the best...
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Congrtzz Nadun....
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

this is a gud out come Nadun... we can create a group and any1 who knw applied for SFV and approved (still im nt in thz category ) frm thr we cn share our ideas/ thoughts....
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Congrtzzz.......
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:14 am
Just Joined

naveen99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rmeow
Congrats Naveen!

What branch have u submitted ur docs?

I have submitted in New Delhi Branch (India)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.