Silver Fern Job Search Visa - possible?

Old Oct 8th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Merryhappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Silver Fern Job Search Visa - possible?

Hello there!

I'm a 24 y.o. student (already got a Bachelor's degree (Linguistics and Literature), will probably hold the Master's degree (Literature, Culture, Media) in April). Since 1.5 yrs I am working as a content manager/online editor (status working student) and I'd like to know if I qualify in any way for the Silver Fern Job Search Visa.

I could manage to do the IELTS in time, but I need my job to be assessed, which I highly doubt is possible yet, because I have so little experience. Do you agree or do you think there is a chance?

Thank you a lot for your help!

Last edited by Merryhappy; Oct 8th 2014 at 10:31 am.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Silver Fern Job Search Visa - possible?

No one?

But could somebody tell me what to chose on this site: International qualifications ยป NZQA ?

Is it Get international qualifications recognised for immigration or Apply for an International Qualifications Assessment?
Old Oct 10th 2014, 10:30 am
Just Joined

I just called the NZ embassy in Germany and from what they told me, it sounded like the assessment and all this takes place AFTER the application for the SLV? So I just have to fullfill the initial requirements (like age, Bachelor's degree, good character ... ), apply and if I am fast enough and get the visa I'll send in my uni certificates and so on and the assessment takes place?

Does anybody know how this works?
I'm having a nice monologue here.

OR can you maybe refer me to another forum/site, where I could get these information? No MA, please.

Last edited by Merryhappy; Oct 10th 2014 at 10:32 am.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 7:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I know the Silver Fern works by first come first served basis, so basically you have to be sitting at your computer ready to go with everything available to you for when it opens and get your application and payment in as fast as you can.

all the relevant information can be found on the immigration website

Silver Fern visas

the reason I believe you are not getting any responses is that most people regularly posted on here have not arrived via that visa route. When the application opens that is when we get more people posting on this type of visa.

The visa application is opening on Thursday 20th November at 10am New Zealand time - so you will have to work out what time it will be for wherever you are. Please read the immigration link I have given you to make sure you are clear on what details and decocuments you need to have
Old Oct 11th 2014, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Is a working visa a possibility for you, based on your age? They don't "sell out" in a flash, the same way the SF does.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Thank you a lot for your answers!

@MrsFychan: I know this page almost by heart, the problem is that - for me - it does not contain all the relevant information.

@janiejones: Yes it is, I'll try that as soon as I finished my Master's.

Another question: It says, that you have 6 months to come to NZ once the visa is granted. Do they count from 20th November or from the day when you've sent in all your documents etc. and everything is done?
Old Oct 11th 2014, 10:27 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merryhappy
Another question: It says, that you have 6 months to come to NZ once the visa is granted. Do they count from 20th November or from the day when you've sent in all your documents etc. and everything is done?
as it says, from the date of the visa being granted. so date on the visa
Old Oct 12th 2014, 9:59 am
Just Joined

So not from 20th November, but from the day it is 'finally granted'? Sorry, but I don't understand.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 10:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merryhappy
So not from 20th November, but from the day it is 'finally granted'? Sorry, but I don't understand.
The date the visa is granted not the date you apply - not sure what's difficult to understand with that
Old Oct 12th 2014, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Thank you.

Sometimes I just miss the forest for the trees.