Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

neddrick98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

So i'm looking at moving to NZ with my longterm b/f and one of the options seems to be the SFJS Visa, which requires you to "hold a recognised bachelors degree, higher qualification, or a recognised trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade".

I am currently in university and therefore do not currently "hold" my degree, and will not have it for April: I will however graduate in July and am on track for a 1st from a top ten uni. Will this be okay? Or will they refuse me until I physically have finished uni? -- If necessary I could easily get several teachers from the dept.s I study in to vouch for me by way of a formal University letter.

It also says "have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here": as it does not specify, is this amount the total or is this per month?

Many thanks!

Sarah
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:51 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice
Default Re: Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

Originally Posted by neddrick98 View Post
So i'm looking at moving to NZ with my longterm b/f and one of the options seems to be the SFJS Visa, which requires you to "hold a recognised bachelors degree, higher qualification, or a recognised trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade".

I am currently in university and therefore do not currently "hold" my degree, and will not have it for April: I will however graduate in July and am on track for a 1st from a top ten uni. Will this be okay? Or will they refuse me until I physically have finished uni? -- If necessary I could easily get several teachers from the dept.s I study in to vouch for me by way of a formal University letter.

It also says "have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here": as it does not specify, is this amount the total or is this per month?

Many thanks!

Sarah
Hi firstly, attaining ur degree in july is fine but u need to complete your SFV application before the 1st week of august.... u wud also need to check if your degree is exempt from assessment, if not NZQA takes 30 days, therafter u wud need to register ur profession if it requires registration in NZ. lastly, 4200$ is all the funds u need to show. hope this helps
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:11 am
Just Joined

neddrick98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

Many thanks Ajd! Luckily, my degree would be exempt from assessment

Thanks again for your help