British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/silver-fern-job-search-hold-tertiary-qualification-783162/)

neddrick98 Jan 9th 2013 8:12 pm

Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

So i'm looking at moving to NZ with my longterm b/f and one of the options seems to be the SFJS Visa, which requires you to "hold a recognised bachelors degree, higher qualification, or a recognised trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade".

I am currently in university and therefore do not currently "hold" my degree, and will not have it for April: I will however graduate in July and am on track for a 1st from a top ten uni. Will this be okay? Or will they refuse me until I physically have finished uni? -- If necessary I could easily get several teachers from the dept.s I study in to vouch for me by way of a formal University letter.

It also says "have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here": as it does not specify, is this amount the total or is this per month?

Many thanks!

Sarah :)

ajd Jan 20th 2013 9:51 am

Re: Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

Originally Posted by neddrick98 (Post 10474026)
So i'm looking at moving to NZ with my longterm b/f and one of the options seems to be the SFJS Visa, which requires you to "hold a recognised bachelors degree, higher qualification, or a recognised trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade".

I am currently in university and therefore do not currently "hold" my degree, and will not have it for April: I will however graduate in July and am on track for a 1st from a top ten uni. Will this be okay? Or will they refuse me until I physically have finished uni? -- If necessary I could easily get several teachers from the dept.s I study in to vouch for me by way of a formal University letter.

It also says "have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here": as it does not specify, is this amount the total or is this per month?

Many thanks!

Sarah :)

Hi firstly, attaining ur degree in july is fine but u need to complete your SFV application before the 1st week of august.... u wud also need to check if your degree is exempt from assessment, if not NZQA takes 30 days, therafter u wud need to register ur profession if it requires registration in NZ. lastly, 4200$ is all the funds u need to show. hope this helps:fingerscrossed:

neddrick98 Jan 20th 2013 10:11 am

Re: Silver Fern Job Search: "Hold" a Tertiary Qualification?

Many thanks Ajd! Luckily, my degree would be exempt from assessment :)

Thanks again for your help