should I be happy?

Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow should I be happy?

I've just had a look on NZIS website & it states that the decision on our visa is 'Residence Pending'

Now does this mean they have made a decision & we just need to wait for them to complete the final paperwork....or am I having a blonde moment (as I often do! ) & this just means they still haven't made their minds up yet?

Just wondered whether I should be getting excited or not!

Last edited by iwannagonow; Nov 10th 2008 at 12:12 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: should I be happy?

hey! soryy, dunno the answer to your question, but just spotted the time-line in your signature, and wondering if you have job(s) lined up? Things seem to have moved quickly for you!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know, I have been impressed so far!

I have a job offer (due to start on 2nd Feb) & about 18yrs experience in theatre nursing (that makes me sound really old doesn't it?)...managed to get 205 points when we submitted our EOI...think this helped to speed it up a bit!

Hubby hasn't got a job yet....gonna wait til we've been there a couple of months or so...he can be house husband (he's better at it than me! ) & it'll nice for the kids to have at least one of us at home all the time, until we're more settled anyway!

Cheryl x
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I think if it stats 'Residence pending', they are still dealing with your request, hang in there.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teebrown
I think if it stats 'Residence pending', they are still dealing with your request, hang in there.
Thanks Teebrown...thought it was a bit quick, I only submitted it less than 2 weeks ago! I was hoping I was one of the VERY lucky ones!!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

How long does anyone expect to have an application checked for? I'm waiting for medical results we had last friday and once received I'm going to submit my application. I've got a job offer to start 2nd March but haven't booked flights as no visa yet. Feel like I'm missing something!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute
How long does anyone expect to have an application checked for? I'm waiting for medical results we had last friday and once received I'm going to submit my application. I've got a job offer to start 2nd March but haven't booked flights as no visa yet. Feel like I'm missing something!

It states on the letter of receipt for our ITA that it takes 1-3 months to make a decision ...how vague is that? I was hoping that with it being fairly near to Xmas, it may be a bit quieter on the immigration front & that our ITA would get processed quicker...I can only live in hope!

We were hoping to be there mid Jan as school & job begins 2nd Feb....I think we are being a little too ambitious (we've not booked flights yet either!)...but my nursing agent says we'll be ok...so I'm sure you'll be ok for 2nd March! I shall keep my fingers & toes xd for us both!!

Cheryl x
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:24 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

it does depend on how busy they are but we had similar points score and it took 3 weeks for a positive responce. I think you won't have to wait the full 3 months but I would call them or email them once you know your case officer. Have you been allocated one yet?

Where are you moving to btw?

Jan
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jan,

I have been allocated a case officer & I emailed her a couple of days ago, I had a reply which was just the standard...'your application is still under assessment & I will advise you in writing if any further information is required'
Will email her again in a couple of weeks if I haven't heard anything!

Well done on your ITA in only 3 weeks! WOW! That's brill! I hope ours is just as quick...we feel so much in limbo at the moment...I don't want to book flights, accommodation or anything until we have a positive reply! I feel it would be tempting fate! It's not that I'm impatient(honest!!)...I just don't like to be in the dark!

Hoping to go to Papamoa, Bay of Plenty...it's beautiful there!!

Cheryl x
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:56 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

My case officer was Simon Webber who was excellent. In his first email he gave a direct line telephone numebr and was only too happy to chat with me about even some trivial matters. So my advice would be to talk to them.

Best of luck

Jan

BoP IS beautiful
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:20 pm
Cow on the Beach

Sorry I think I misread this thread. Have you been invited to apply for PR, and are waiting for the responce to PR application, or are you waiting to be invited.

The invitation to apply (EOI) are assessed on once a month basis so if you are unlucky you could wait a couple of months.

If you have been invited to apply then the PR application once submitted can take up to 3 months.

For me I got the EOI accpeted in about 3 weeks, it took about 3 weeks to get all the paperwork together and another three weeks to get PR approved. In the meantime I had a Work Visa and am in Wellington, so will get my PR (RRV) stamp put in when I'm back in London over Christmas.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jan

We had our EOI submitted & approved in just over a week! Then received our ITA the next day!

We submitted our ITA paperwork & are now waiting for our visa to be approved...our case officer is Clare Simmons....will probably give her a ring in a couple of days.

Cheers, Cheryl x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
My case officer was Simon Webber who was excellent. In his first email he gave a direct line telephone numebr and was only too happy to chat with me about even some trivial matters. So my advice would be to talk to them.

Best of luck

Jan

BoP IS beautiful
A bit OT but Simon was my CO too,and he was really helpful to us,answering even the silliest question without any problem. Nice man

Phyl x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all

Hi, I am in the same position, Pending! It says that our application was lodged on the 22nd of September and I have been pending ever since.
You are lucky to know who your case officer is, I know who mine is but thats only because I called and someone told me that I had been appointed a case officer. I then called the Wellington office and asked to speak with my case officer only to be told that I couldnt and if they had any queries they would contact me.
Its terrible just sitting here waiting.........pending. What else can I do?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terrier2
Hi, I am in the same position, Pending! It says that our application was lodged on the 22nd of September and I have been pending ever since.
You are lucky to know who your case officer is, I know who mine is but thats only because I called and someone told me that I had been appointed a case officer. I then called the Wellington office and asked to speak with my case officer only to be told that I couldnt and if they had any queries they would contact me.
Its terrible just sitting here waiting.........pending. What else can I do?

Our case officer was made known to us when we first received our ITA...she is in New Zealand House, London, not Wellington! Are you already living in NZ? If so, it could be a slightly different system than it is in London...

I suppose you could just keep calling or emailing (cheaper) until you have a satisfactory response

Good luck