Should I apply? I need your thoughts

Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice
Default Should I apply? I need your thoughts

Hello everyone

I need your thoughts I already have an application for migration to Australia, I am waiting for a decision, but I want to open another door for myself. And that door is migration to NZ.

I dont have a job offer in NZ, and my points are between 100 - 110, not sure. I am an engineer, 25 years old.

So, my questions:

1 - What do you think? Is it wise to send an EOI and pay the fees? I know it is my call, but I just want to know how others will see this.

2 - Do you I have to send my qualification for assessment, and obtain a positive assessment befoe sending EOI? or can I just send EOI online now?

3 -How often do people with 100-110 points get selected?

All thoughts would be appreciated
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I apply? I need your thoughts

Hi Ahmadj,
Were you on here last year sometime?

First of all it depends on whether you are on the long term skill shortage list. If your job and qualifications are then you are much more likely to get selected from the pool at each draw, as your points total is a little low.

The link below shows you what has been selected recently: History of Selection Points

If your qualification is on the List of Recognised Qualifications then it does not need assessing, see below:

List of Recognised Qualifications

So with your number of points you are unlikely to be selected unless you're an engineer that is on the LTSSL. Did you get your degree in Saudi? If you did then I suspect you'll need to get it assessed.
Hope this helps
Sue
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue R View Post
Hi Ahmadj,
Were you on here last year sometime?

First of all it depends on whether you are on the long term skill shortage list. If your job and qualifications are then you are much more likely to get selected from the pool at each draw, as your points total is a little low.

The link below shows you what has been selected recently: History of Selection Points

If your qualification is on the List of Recognised Qualifications then it does not need assessing, see below:

List of Recognised Qualifications

So with your number of points you are unlikely to be selected unless you're an engineer that is on the LTSSL. Did you get your degree in Saudi? If you did then I suspect you'll need to get it assessed.
Hope this helps
Sue
Hello Sue

Yes, I asked a question on here last year, and it was you who answered me. History repeats itself, lol.

My qualification is not recognised, so I just submitted my online application to NZQA for assessment.

It seemed that I can not submit EOI before getting a positive assessment for my qualification.

I didn't want to a pay 1 more dollar for immgration after all I have paid for OZ, but since I am losing hope to hear from Australia, I thought I better have my plan B all set.

Thank you Sue
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:52 am
Just Joined

wellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nice

Have you considered looking for jobs directly? Engineering is a highly specialized field and applying with a job offer makes things much easier in the immigration process.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wellyaidan View Post
Have you considered looking for jobs directly? Engineering is a highly specialized field and applying with a job offer makes things much easier in the immigration process.
Good Idea

I'll be looking around the internet, and I hope I find something