British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Settlement Interview (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/settlement-interview-557778/)

zoglet Aug 27th 2008 5:29 pm

Settlement Interview

Hi,

My OH, who is the named applicant, has been given a date for her settlement interview. Can anyone tell me what happens thereafter? Time lines etc? We are doing this without using an agency and feeling a bit lost in the process!

Any help appreciated!

:)

zoglet Aug 28th 2008 5:11 pm

Re: Settlement Interview

bump! :)

slipsurfer Aug 29th 2008 7:56 am

My interview is next Tuesday... would love to know whats next?

zoglet Aug 30th 2008 12:17 pm

Good Luck Slipsurfer,

The interview went well and we expect to hear the result within 2 weeks!

j19fmm Aug 30th 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by zoglet (Post 6731128)
Good Luck Slipsurfer,

The interview went well and we expect to hear the result within 2 weeks!

Willing to share?? Please ?:o

zoglet Aug 30th 2008 6:56 pm

Not much to share really. I will be more comfortable once we get the letter informing us of what sort of visa we will be offered (assuming that we are offered one - and the interviewer suggested that was the case). Hopefully, we will get that in the next two weeks. What was it you wanted to know?

j19fmm Aug 31st 2008 9:40 am

Originally Posted by zoglet (Post 6731872)
Not much to share really. I will be more comfortable once we get the letter informing us of what sort of visa we will be offered (assuming that we are offered one - and the interviewer suggested that was the case). Hopefully, we will get that in the next two weeks. What was it you wanted to know?

Was it the same sort of open questions others have talked about? Anything that threw you or you wish you'd boned up on? Guess we all just like to think we know what the answers will be!!
Many Thanks ;)

zoglet Aug 31st 2008 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 6733778)
Was it the same sort of open questions others have talked about? Anything that threw you or you wish you'd boned up on? Guess we all just like to think we know what the answers will be!!
Many Thanks ;)

The questions were pretty much exactly what you have read on here. With no surprises! If you have given NZ any sort of consideration at all, its hard to see how you could not have some sort of answer to them! :)

Good luck! :)

j19fmm Aug 31st 2008 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by zoglet (Post 6734295)
The questions were pretty much exactly what you have read on here. With no surprises! If you have given NZ any sort of consideration at all, its hard to see how you could not have some sort of answer to them! :)

Good luck! :)

:D

zoglet Sep 4th 2008 6:06 pm

Just to let you know we received confirmation that we will receive a residency visa today! :)

Im still stunned by the news! Time to open a bottle! :)

weejie Sep 4th 2008 6:34 pm

Fantastic news , many congratulations

Phyllis :thumbsup: