British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Sending off for WTR visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/sending-off-wtr-visas-483095/)

Maz Sep 24th 2007 1:20 am

Sending off for WTR visas

I was told by the NZ Embassy in Washington DC that I have to send off for my visa first, then when I get that back, I can apply for hubby's and daughter's. Is that true, or can I send them all off at once, with a letter of explanation that mine is the primary, maybe?

Ta... :)

P2L Sep 24th 2007 1:30 am

Re: Sending off for WTR visas

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5346804)
I was told by the NZ Embassy in Washington DC that I have to send off for my visa first, then when I get that back, I can apply for hubby's and daughter's. Is that true, or can I send them all off at once, with a letter of explanation that mine is the primary, maybe?

Ta... :)

They were right for once ;)

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...e/howdoiapply/

Maz Sep 24th 2007 1:54 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 5346820)

Bastards! :curse: Why do they have to make it more difficult than it has to be? :curse:

And thanks Sarah. :)

littleal Sep 24th 2007 8:02 am

Hi Maz

I had a contact in the Welly office tell me that I can submit them all at once with a covering letter to explain the situation. Obviously if they don't grant my visa, they won't grant the others either.

Alison

TeamEmbo Sep 24th 2007 9:53 am

we applied for our WTR visas at same time, OH primary, me = just spouse/open work visa, and 2 kids student visa. Have rules changed then?

Maz Sep 24th 2007 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by littleal (Post 5347332)
Hi Maz

I had a contact in the Welly office tell me that I can submit them all at once with a covering letter to explain the situation. Obviously if they don't grant my visa, they won't grant the others either.

Alison

Jolly good idea, and very logical. :thumbup: Thanks!

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5347670)
we applied for our WTR visas at same time, OH primary, me = just spouse/open work visa, and 2 kids student visa. Have rules changed then?

According to Sarah's post above, but I think what Alison did is what I'll do.

Thanks all. :thumbup:

Evilbert Sep 24th 2007 10:01 pm

Hi all
Might be a stupid question, but if you get out on a WTR visa, can you still buy property and get a credit score like a resident, or are you in limbo for a couple of years?

Tallia Sep 24th 2007 10:14 pm

Hi

We came over on my husbands WTR visa through the London office and we applied for our 3 visas (WTR - OH, Work visa - me, Student visa - son) all at once and they are processed at the same time and we actually took our applications into the London office and they where happy to accept it that way.

And yes you can still buy a house etc, the only trouble we have had with getting anything on a WTR is getting a credit card as lots of the banks say you have to have PR to be accepted but I would recommend speaking to them as some seemed more inclined to help us as who we where with was BNZ who 100% refused to give us a credit card but we have now changed to Westpac who where really helpful and assess your circumstances and have given us a debit card and credit card. :)

Evilbert Sep 24th 2007 11:00 pm

Hi Tallia
I see your ex-Bournemouth, we are just down the road in Poole :D Lovely area but we still want to escape! I've just been going through the SMC again and I think I might have enough points to go that route, depending on qualifications.

Tallia Sep 25th 2007 4:11 am

Hi evilbert

yup, I know Poole well! Which part did you live in? We lived in Southbourne in Bournemouth.

Good luck whichever route you end up going!!! :D