sending off all docs..

Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

joanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the rough
Default sending off all docs..

hi does anyone know if we have to send original documents for the visa we have been told we need notarized copies..this costs more money (or can they be certified by a barrister over in the uk)before we send them .. thanks....
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:41 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sending off all docs..

Originally Posted by joanne..uk
hi does anyone know if we have to send original documents for the visa we have been told we need notarized copies..this costs more money (or can they be certified by a barrister over in the uk)before we send them .. thanks....
We sent originals where we could and had a barrister certify others. Shop around for barrister (unless you know one) as price varies greatly.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A solicitor, notary or a circuit judge can also certify your documents. Shop around for the best price.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:51 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Also sent all originals and had no problems

Called a local solicitor for the odd certification (for work). On two occassions we were charged only £5 (maybe three signatures at any one time but could have been more for a load of signatures I guess).

Tan

Last edited by Tan0410; Mar 17th 2008 at 5:53 am.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:08 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

It probably won't help you presently, but here in New Zealand you
can have a justice of the peace to notarise your documents for free. Look in your Yellow Pages directory for a JP near you.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:41 am
Just Joined

joanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the rough

to all who replied thanks for that you saved me 150 pound....cheers
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

traciridgwell will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: sending off all docs..

Hi there, I too have just faxed all my documents through - do you know if you definately have to have your certificates assessed to reach NZQA? My consultant is asking for another £750 to get an Advanced City and Guilds Certificate for Carpentry assessed!!! New Zealand either need skills/trades or they don't - I'm confused!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:09 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

Originally Posted by traciridgwell
Hi there, I too have just faxed all my documents through - do you know if you definately have to have your certificates assessed to reach NZQA? My consultant is asking for another £750 to get an Advanced City and Guilds Certificate for Carpentry assessed!!! New Zealand either need skills/trades or they don't - I'm confused!!
£750-you have to be joking
If you sent them off yourself to NZQA for Full assessment it wouldn't cost that much. It cost me NZ$400 (about £180). Just look at theeir website and follow the instructions.
As has been said many times on this wonderful forum "ditch the consultants" they are leeches

Martin
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Angry Re: sending off all docs..

Thanks for your advise! They have been helpful so far - but £750 is just ridiculous! Surely this is already a recognised qualification - why does it have to be assessed in the first place!?:curse:
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:43 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I echo Martin's comment. Ditch the consultant!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:49 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

Thanks for your advise! They have been helpful so far - but £750 is just ridiculous! Surely this is already a recognised qualification - why does it have to be assessed in the first place!?:curse:
If and when you go ahead with applying for PR your qualifications will probably need to be NZQA assessed in full. They are very slow in doing this, mine took 6 months. You can check if your quals are recognised on the NZIS website, it takes a bit of searching though.
Someone will probably be along with proper links (one of the moderators etc) to point you fully in the right direction.
As useful as they may be, ask the questions on here, before paying a consultant, and more often than not someone has the answer and can save you heeps. People estimate £10,000 or more to emigrate (with a container that is). It might be worth bearing that in mind when you write the consultancy cheques.
Best of luck

Martin

Last edited by Marjol; Mar 18th 2008 at 10:01 pm. Reason: typo(it annoyed me)
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your advise - it looks like I shall do the NZQA myself online - hopefully this will be alot cheaper!!! Thanks again!