British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Selected from pool (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/selected-pool-495601/)

andrewmenet Nov 22nd 2007 8:59 am

Selected from pool

I just logged onto my EOI area on the NZI site....

Congratulations.
We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been selected from the Pool for further consideration.
We will conduct some preliminary checks of the information you have provided to determine whether your claim is accurate. Following this checking, you may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand.
We wish you all the best with your Expression of Interest.

Does any one know what what preliminary checks do they do and how long does it take to get the ITA paperwork??

Kags1694 Nov 22nd 2007 9:46 am

Re: Selected from pool

Originally Posted by andrewmenet (Post 5587342)
I just logged onto my EOI area on the NZI site....

Congratulations.
We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been selected from the Pool for further consideration.
We will conduct some preliminary checks of the information you have provided to determine whether your claim is accurate. Following this checking, you may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand.
We wish you all the best with your Expression of Interest.

Does any one know what what preliminary checks do they do and how long does it take to get the ITA paperwork??

Congratulations on being settled:thumbsup: The awaiting games begins.
It took approx 4 months till we got our ITA (if you have a job offer it could be quicker).
We received our ITA in August, sent my oh quals of to NZQA beginning of August still waiting for results. They have promised us that we will have them back next week.

I had to ask New Zealand Immigration for an extension to our return date which was the 1st December, they have given us an extra 3 months to get them back to them.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Regards
Karen

andrewmenet Nov 22nd 2007 10:28 am

I'm also putting in a WTR visa application as I need to start the job in January so I'll have PR going at the same time and hopefuly save money on medicals as well.

My EOI is going to be assesed against the new EOI rules that come into effect on the 27th of this month. I think this will work to my advantage as NZQA does approve my IT quals (MCSA etc) but you get more points for experience -the funny thing is if I got the same qual in NZ I would get a further 50 points but with my job offer I get 155 points anyway.

littleal Nov 22nd 2007 11:27 am

With a job offer it still took 2 months from selection to ITA. I've applied for WTR as well.

Congratulations on your progress.

Alison

Tan0410 Nov 23rd 2007 4:30 am

Don't suppose anyone can provide a little reassurance...

Got selected from pool back on 10th Oct before there were any job offers on the table.

Yesterday faxed Hubby's job offer to the London office to hopefully speed things up. Question is whether/how they let you know that they have received this and have added it to your EOI?

They appear to have no email and only a premium rate no. (£1 a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :ohmy:

BEVS Nov 23rd 2007 4:47 am

Yah for being selected. Have some Karma.

If it is any reassurance, NZIS have changed the way they carry out the checks.
They used to do prelim checks on EOIs and then send out ITAs. Recently [ that means the last few months] they have altered this. They now do more in depth checks on the EOIs. They have dedicated verification officers in a central office at Christchurch. ITAs would not be sent out until those verifications have been completed. So it is a longer time frame from EOI to ITA in some cases but once the ITA has been sent & returned , the offer of PR comes much quicker.
If you push re. your ITA , they will farm the EOI out to another office for verification. Whether that is a good move or not, I am not sure.

Tan0410 Nov 23rd 2007 7:00 am

Cheers for that,

Any idea how I find out whether they received the fax without ringing the premium rate number?....actually, on reading your response, should we be faxing/emailing the job offer to Christchurch rather than the London office?

Have followed the guidelines according to the London Branch webpages but if most checks are done in Christchurch surely they need the fax/email over there in NZ?

T

newzealandplease Nov 23rd 2007 7:08 am

congrats to the OP!

In terms of timing it tricky and frustrating (IMHO), I was selected at end of August without a job offer. Got a job offer early October and sent all the appopriate stuff off straight away. Recived my ITA last week. Now desperatly trying to get medicals, police checks and proof of previous work experience together! I'm supposed to start the job in January!! But can't/won't hand my notice in until I'm 'rubber-stamped'.

I'd apply for the Police checks sooner rather than later as they take up to 40 days and are valid for 6 months (and only cost £10 per person). don't do anything regarding the medicals yet though!

Tan0410 Nov 23rd 2007 7:31 am

Hi there,

All done... have been on maternity leave and making the most of my time :)

Have booked medicals for the 2nd week of December too (option to cancel is there). Bit confused now as webpages said that EOI would be assessed in London within 10 days if you had a job offer....but if all checks are done in NZ now then this may not hold true...

Can anyone tell me where I am supposed to email/fax job offer to?

Thanks

littleal Nov 23rd 2007 7:50 am

Hi T

We did fax our job offer although the EOI did say we had a job offer - I amended it before it was selected. I can't remember where we faxed it to but it was never acknowledged.

I e-mailed NZIS via the website Contact us facility but I just got a holding response. As time is so tight, we went for the WTR visa as well for insurance. The ITA arrived this week after selection on 26 Sep. We are still waiting for WTR visas.

Can you amend the EOI once selected? This was an active thread recently but I didn't follow it.

Alison

Tan0410 Nov 23rd 2007 7:56 am

Thanks,

I appear to be doing the right things... or at least what other people have done.

Re: question - no you can't amend online once selected. Is a pain...but understandable I guess.

T x

Tan0410 Nov 26th 2007 3:35 pm

Just heard today that EOI successful and ITA for residency being sent out:

EOI submitted with no job offer: 08th Oct
Selected from pool: 10th Oct

Job offer faxed to London: 22nd Nov
ITA being sent out: 26th November

(Did also email copy of job offer to New Zealand a few days later so not 100% sure who assessed it -London or Christchurch?)

Has been a relatively quick process for us :)

Just the medicals to go now :D... oh and the small matter of baby no. 2 to deliver:unsure:

T

Leewales Nov 26th 2007 10:43 pm

hi everyone, i have an ITA, i asked for an extension on time limit so i could get my medicals done as i had lots of problems that i won't go into, but i had to submit by the given time, and was granted a reprieve only on my medicals until they were done, just one question , how long does it take to get PR after you have submitted your ITA?? i do have a valid job offer which i have submitted, any advice cheers Lee.:thumbup:

Maz Nov 27th 2007 5:32 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 5590453)
If it is any reassurance, NZIS have changed the way they carry out the checks.
They used to do prelim checks on EOIs and then send out ITAs. Recently [ that means the last few months] they have altered this. They now do more in depth checks on the EOIs. They have dedicated verification officers in a central office at Christchurch. ITAs would not be sent out until those verifications have been completed. So it is a longer time frame from EOI to ITA in some cases but once the ITA has been sent & returned , the offer of PR comes much quicker.

That is great news! Especially as we're running against time to get our docs in with our ITA before hubby's medical runs out in mid-December! :eek: Me and the littl'un can just reference ours from our recent permits. Meanwhile... anyone know how long from submittal of ITA paperwork, to blue stickers? Hubby has until mid-April before his visitor's stuff runs out... (damn sight cheaper than a work permit for him!)

Originally Posted by Tan0410 (Post 5602430)
Just the medicals to go now :D... oh and the small matter of baby no. 2 to deliver:unsure:

T

Many congrats on baby #2! Children born in NZ to permanent residents are automatically citizens, I do believe. And assuming you're Brits, you have an automatic dual citizen on your hands. Don't actually have to get the British registered birth cert (we didn't). Just applied straightaway for the passport.

Tan0410 Nov 27th 2007 10:08 am

.... baby was due two days ago! ...is being stubborn :(

T x