British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   selected out of EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/selected-out-eoi-467168/)

Leewales Jul 18th 2007 6:03 pm

selected out of EOI

:rofl: hello everyone!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:after you get selected in the EOI, which i did today, normally how long is it before you get a ITA any advice as always very grateful , cheers lee:thumbsup:

happynz Jul 18th 2007 6:24 pm

Re: selected out of EOI

Originally Posted by Leewales (Post 5073665)
:rofl: hello everyone!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:after you get selected in the EOI, which i did today, normally how long is it before you get a ITA any advice as always very grateful , cheers lee:thumbsup:

First of all congratulations on your selection.
If everything on your EOI checks out to NZIS's satisfaction and if you have a job offer I'm guessing you may well get the ITA in the next several weeks.
In the meantime start getting those police clearances, book your medicals and get all of your supporting documentation in place.
Good luck with it all.

Leewales Jul 18th 2007 6:32 pm

cheers happy:D, how long after your invited to apply to you get your residency? cheers lee:cool:

happynz Jul 18th 2007 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Leewales (Post 5073860)
cheers happy:D, how long after your invited to apply to you get your residency? cheers lee:cool:

I can't say for sure, but my experience here in Christchurch is that after submission of the ITA the processing can be quite quick. Some Argentinian acquaintances had a less than a week turnaround from turning the ITA to getting the blue residence visa and permit pasted in their passports. In my own case it was three weeks, although it would have been less than a week but we needed to wait the mandatory three weeks for the NZIS quack to sign off on an irregularity that cropped up on my wife's medical report. Once that was clear we got a letter saying our application was successful and would we be so kind as to send in a wedge of money for the blue stickers. Yeah, you have to pay your migrant levy before you actually get the visas in the passports.

Leewales Jul 18th 2007 7:13 pm

lol a wedge of money quite a good term :rofl:cheers once again lee:zzz:

sniffydog Jul 18th 2007 7:43 pm

We rang NZ house to ask this question when our EOI was selected - they said you wont hear for ages yet. We then got the ITA in two weeks with a four month deadline to apply...

annbee Jul 18th 2007 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Leewales (Post 5073665)

Hi Lee

From getting ITA, Medicals, Police Checks etc it took about 2 months. Not as bad as we thought. We had to be out to Auckland by 23rd October for hubbie to start his job.

Good Luck:):)

Annbee

Maz Jul 18th 2007 10:54 pm

Lee,

What kind of qualifications do you have and how many points did you submit with? I'm highly qualified in my area of IT, meaning professional certifications, but they mean diddly-squat to NZQA or NZIS, so we got chucked back in the pool after being selected, as I don't have a B.Sc. in Computer Sciences, which, as it would now be 18 years old, would be utterly useless anyway. My 8+ years of experience counted for zip too.

Good luck!

Leewales Jul 19th 2007 3:58 am

Hi maz i have an NVQ level 4 which is dierectly related to my work and as far as i can see is seen as a qaulifaction in NZ ( i think lol):blink: cheers Lee