Selected - EOI Checks

Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:15 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
127luton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Auckland
Posts: 264
127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by teeym View Post
Selected from the pool means your EOI was successful! The next stage is the ITA - your EOI form will be returned to you along with a list of other requirements (medicals, police checks, qualifications, confirmation of employment and so forth) which you have to gather together and return to the nice people at Immi NZ with a cheque for £650 .

Medicals do vary HUGELY in price so shop around; we're paying just under £300 each, but have been constrained by the need to get them done at weekends. Even so, it's still a saving of £100 each on our local medical examiner.
Hi .. sorry its £705 now!
Berni
127luton is offline  
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:03 pm
  #17  
Lord of The Pies
 
teeym's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: UK - currently!
Posts: 206
teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Numptyhead View Post
ITA payment is now £705
x
Originally Posted by 127luton View Post
Hi .. sorry its £705 now!
Berni

Is there an echo in here?

As our bits of paper say £650 then that is what they are being sent!!! Apologies to anyone just entering the process who thought they may be £55 better off though.......
teeym is offline  
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:02 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
sjake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Portsmouth soon to be Auckland
Posts: 132
sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by teeym View Post
Is there an echo in here?

As our bits of paper say £650 then that is what they are being sent!!! Apologies to anyone just entering the process who thought they may be £55 better off though.......
Just to let you know that our ITA paperwork quoted a figure (can't remember what it was exactly but somewhere in region of £680 or £695), but by the time we sent in our ITA it had actually gone down to £650. We of course sent in revised amount. Our approval paperwork quoted Migrant Levy fees of £440, which went up end of August to a total of £480 which I have now sent so that we can get our lovely blue stickers. Hey you win some, you lose some.

Does the paperwork/or website also not say something like you must send in with the current fee, and don't forget to check the website for most up to date or similar????

The problem is the time all these processes take and thus prices can change accordingly. Best of luck with trying to stick with the £650, but don't be surprised if they ask for the extra before considering the application.
sjake is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:57 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Sambellina's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Queenstown
Posts: 38
Sambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant future
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
Hi there Sambellina, is that your dog in your avatar pic? He/she is SO CUTE!!!

There aren't any "dumb questions" here, the whole NZIS website and process can be very confusing at first so feel free to ask anything, I know I did and everyone here was very helpful

If you're picked from the pool they run a check, if everything isn't correct they can put you back into the pool (this happened to us, in our case we didn't have enough points), you can get reselected if you have enough points. Then they send you the ITA and if everything checks out they interview you and then they either refuse you, offer you PR or offer you WTR. I think if you're refused after the ITA you have to reapply.
Thanks for the feedback Kija, very helpful!

Yep that's our pup, Archie AKA Archibald! Is that you're cat hissing? Cool pic if it is!
Sambellina is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2009, 3:01 pm
  #20  
Forum Regular
 
Sambellina's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Queenstown
Posts: 38
Sambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant future
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by garfield250 View Post
There is a diagram available on the immigration website which expalins the process, it can be found under the following ; Home>Apply and Settle>Work>Skilled Migrant Category>How do I apply?>The application Process

There is three outcomes listed once NZIS has made their checks etc; Approved for residency (PR) OR Work to Residence (WTR) Visa or permit issued OR Application Denied.

If application is denied then that is the end and you would need to reapply from the beginning (EOI etc)
Thanksto you too garfield250 - v helpful
Sambellina is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:10 pm
  #21  
We're HERE!!!
 
Kija's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand!
Posts: 873
Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Sambellina View Post
Thanks for the feedback Kija, very helpful!

Yep that's our pup, Archie AKA Archibald! Is that you're cat hissing? Cool pic if it is!
Archie is adorable! Please give him some ear rubs and tummy tickles for me

The cat in my avatar was my best friend's cat named "Puffy". I have 3 dogs. Are you planning on starting the process? If so best of luck with it
Kija is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:53 am
  #22  
Lord of The Pies
 
teeym's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: UK - currently!
Posts: 206
teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by sjake View Post
Just to let you know that our ITA paperwork quoted a figure (can't remember what it was exactly but somewhere in region of £680 or £695), but by the time we sent in our ITA it had actually gone down to £650. We of course sent in revised amount. Our approval paperwork quoted Migrant Levy fees of £440, which went up end of August to a total of £480 which I have now sent so that we can get our lovely blue stickers. Hey you win some, you lose some.

Does the paperwork/or website also not say something like you must send in with the current fee, and don't forget to check the website for most up to date or similar????

The problem is the time all these processes take and thus prices can change accordingly. Best of luck with trying to stick with the £650, but don't be surprised if they ask for the extra before considering the application.
I've run through all the paperwork we were sent and while it refers to an application fee, it doesn't specify anything else - it didn't even tell you who to make the cheque payable to! Our tick list has as its number one point in VERY bold type £650, so that's what we're going with! Nothing ventured and all that...... We're certainly not skint, but I'd rather keep the extra in my pocket!

As we're having to use verified copies of passports then the migrant levy will (hopefully) come at a later date and I'm sure we'll be informed of how much the going rate is at the time? Needless to say, when the time comes, I'm sure we'll be so chuffed that short of them demanding actual bodily organs then we'll stump up without a moments thought!!!!
teeym is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:09 am
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
sjake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Portsmouth soon to be Auckland
Posts: 132
sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by teeym View Post
I've run through all the paperwork we were sent and while it refers to an application fee, it doesn't specify anything else - it didn't even tell you who to make the cheque payable to! Our tick list has as its number one point in VERY bold type £650, so that's what we're going with! Nothing ventured and all that...... We're certainly not skint, but I'd rather keep the extra in my pocket!

As we're having to use verified copies of passports then the migrant levy will (hopefully) come at a later date and I'm sure we'll be informed of how much the going rate is at the time? Needless to say, when the time comes, I'm sure we'll be so chuffed that short of them demanding actual bodily organs then we'll stump up without a moments thought!!!!
Best of luck and fingers crossed that you get the outcome you desire. It truly is an expensive business.

I have just had an e-mail from our CO saying that she has finally received our ML fee and passports and passing all to the issuing department so hopefully little blue stickers on their way very shortly!! Oh and hopefully the other half of the tree that we submitted as evidence will also be winging its way back.
sjake is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:21 am
  #24  
Forum Regular
 
Sambellina's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Queenstown
Posts: 38
Sambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant future
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
Archie is adorable! Please give him some ear rubs and tummy tickles for me

The cat in my avatar was my best friend's cat named "Puffy". I have 3 dogs. Are you planning on starting the process? If so best of luck with it
Ha ha will do! Puffy is cool, she looks full of attitude!! What kind of dogs do you have?

Yep, we are flying out April / May next year. I have a 2 year working visa arranged and my partner is going to extend his holiday visa to 9 months.

I am going to look for work when we get there as an Advertising Specialist, I currently run an Ad Agency here in the UK.

Alternatively my partner will be setting up a business with his brother who is already out there. So we have 9 months to try and get residency before my boyf gets chucked out! ha ha!
Sambellina is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:39 am
  #25  
Lord of The Pies
 
teeym's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: UK - currently!
Posts: 206
teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by sjake View Post
Best of luck and fingers crossed that you get the outcome you desire. It truly is an expensive business.

I have just had an e-mail from our CO saying that she has finally received our ML fee and passports and passing all to the issuing department so hopefully little blue stickers on their way very shortly!! Oh and hopefully the other half of the tree that we submitted as evidence will also be winging its way back.
Cheers for that - I know what you mean about expensive!

Great to hear that you are all sorted; I bet you're sitting by the door every morning waiting for the postman!! I get a little nervous about the "evidence" thing. All the pictures we've sent have been digital ones which are dateless (even the files only show the date we transferred them to our new computer), although we've got mortgage details, joint bank accounts, council tax demands etc.etc. so hopefully that will be OK. It is, nevertheless, a relatively small pile of stuff, so hopefully they are in a good mood.
teeym is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:02 am
  #26  
Forum Regular
 
sjake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Portsmouth soon to be Auckland
Posts: 132
sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by teeym View Post
I get a little nervous about the "evidence" thing. All the pictures we've sent have been digital ones which are dateless (even the files only show the date we transferred them to our new computer), although we've got mortgage details, joint bank accounts, council tax demands etc.etc. so hopefully that will be OK. It is, nevertheless, a relatively small pile of stuff, so hopefully they are in a good mood.
They will soon let you know if they want any more info.

Just a few words of note: - they had had our ITA for just under 3 months which included relationship evidence for the previous 18 years right up until we sent ITA including solicitor letters, mortgage statements, marriage certificate, bank statements, envelopes addressed to both of us, letters addressed to both of us from children's schools etc. etc.. We then had to provide more for the period whilst they had the ITA!!!!

This is quite a regular occurence apparently, so I would keep anything else from now that can be used as extra evidence until your interview as extra proof in case required.
sjake is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:16 am
  #27  
We're HERE!!!
 
Kija's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand!
Posts: 873
Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Sambellina View Post
Ha ha will do! Puffy is cool, she looks full of attitude!! What kind of dogs do you have?

Yep, we are flying out April / May next year. I have a 2 year working visa arranged and my partner is going to extend his holiday visa to 9 months.

I am going to look for work when we get there as an Advertising Specialist, I currently run an Ad Agency here in the UK.

Alternatively my partner will be setting up a business with his brother who is already out there. So we have 9 months to try and get residency before my boyf gets chucked out! ha ha!
My dogs are all mutts, I'm in Egypt and we have a huge problem with strays so they are all rescues from the streets of Cairo and I adore them to bits

Wow that sounds exciting, I wish you the best in your move, it will all go smoothly for you. Make sure you take lots of pics and relationship evidence with you as NZIS asks for all sorts of proof! I've read about people who've been married for decades and have children having to prove their relationship
Kija is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:43 am
  #28  
Forum Regular
 
Sambellina's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Queenstown
Posts: 38
Sambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant future
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
My dogs are all mutts, I'm in Egypt and we have a huge problem with strays so they are all rescues from the streets of Cairo and I adore them to bits

Wow that sounds exciting, I wish you the best in your move, it will all go smoothly for you. Make sure you take lots of pics and relationship evidence with you as NZIS asks for all sorts of proof! I've read about people who've been married for decades and have children having to prove their relationship
Your mutts will be well travelled then by the time they arrive in NZ aye! ha ha! They'll be in doggy heaven!

Crikey, I thought NZIS would be satisfied with a few household bills, never mind marriage certificates! We don't have joint bank accounts or anything! eek! ha ha! I suppose this will be another hurdle on the long journey that is emigration!

How's your application going? When do you go out there?
Sambellina is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:52 pm
  #29  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 5
Scarpetta has a brilliant futureScarpetta has a brilliant futureScarpetta has a brilliant futureScarpetta has a brilliant futureScarpetta has a brilliant futureScarpetta has a brilliant futureScarpetta has a brilliant future
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Hi LukeandJo,

we have been selected on the same day. Just wondering, if we could share our experiences? We currently plan to move in November 2010.
Scarpetta is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:47 am
  #30  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
LukeandJo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: NZ - Auckland
Posts: 539
LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Originally Posted by Scarpetta View Post
Hi LukeandJo,

we have been selected on the same day. Just wondering, if we could share our experiences? We currently plan to move in November 2010.
Hello there.
We don't have a move date in mind. To some extent just going with the flow. When the paper work arrives we will work on it etc. I do think it's a little early to set a date!

But I will keep the board updated and no doubt have questions along the way.

Nice to meet you anyway Scarpetta.
LukeandJo is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.