Selected - EOI Checks

Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selected - EOI Checks

So we were selected from the pool on the 21st Oct.

There are now checks being carried out on the information we submitted.

Would immigration be contacting our places of work?

Both of us haven't informed work of our plans and would hate for them (employers) to find out through a letter asking for a reference.

.... getting excited anyhow.. still along way to go.

Edit
Kija ... any news?

Last edited by LukeandJo; Oct 21st 2009 at 8:42 am.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:54 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selected - EOI Checks

Don't know if they contact your employer, hopefully not Worst case scenario if they do, can't you just say you're exploring options or something? Hopefully somebody who knows more than I do will be along soon to shed more info.

Guess what? Our advisor says we were selected again!!!!!! I've been doing the dance of joy ever since I woke up! I hope nothing goes pear shaped along the way, I won't let myself get carried away till we hopefully set foot on the land of the long cloud
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Congrats on selection.

They didn't contact my place of work when we were selected

Good luck with the rollercoaster of immigration
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:16 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks numptyhead! It's all so exciting (again )

I can deal with everything and anything as long as I get to NZ I am so seriously in love with the place for some reason, it's really weird you know? I know there are hardships and problems (like with anywhere) but I feel so drawn to it! Watch this space in a few years time to see if my dream was validated or if my hopes were dashed on the egg shaped rocks we see on the travel brochures
Old Oct 21st 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations everyone on getting selected! We found out yesterday that our EOI has been approved, so we're waiting on the ITA now. I'm going to spend the afternoon getting prices from panel doctors.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 12:13 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija
Thanks numptyhead! It's all so exciting (again )

I can deal with everything and anything as long as I get to NZ I am so seriously in love with the place for some reason, it's really weird you know? I know there are hardships and problems (like with anywhere) but I feel so drawn to it! Watch this space in a few years time to see if my dream was validated or if my hopes were dashed on the egg shaped rocks we see on the travel brochures
Drinks in the bar Kija!!! wohoooo.cant stop smiling for you lol
B x
brilliant news for everyone else selected as well.....guess there will be a few bottles opened tonight!!!
hope all your dreams come true!!
B x
Old Oct 21st 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

From the forums opinion, what does being "selected" mean?

Panel doctor prices for us as well.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:05 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Selected from the pool means your EOI was successful! The next stage is the ITA - your EOI form will be returned to you along with a list of other requirements (medicals, police checks, qualifications, confirmation of employment and so forth) which you have to gather together and return to the nice people at Immi NZ with a cheque for £650 .

Medicals do vary HUGELY in price so shop around; we're paying just under £300 each, but have been constrained by the need to get them done at weekends. Even so, it's still a saving of £100 each on our local medical examiner.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

ITA payment is now £705
x
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
From the forums opinion, what does being "selected" mean?

Panel doctor prices for us as well.
selected means 'just that!' -''selected.'' they then do their checking and after 1-4 months (depending if you have job or no job) your status will change on NZIS website to 'succesful 'this means your ITA is not long away!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:02 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alchris
selected means 'just that!' -''selected.'' they then do their checking and after 1-4 months (depending if you have job or no job) your status will change on NZIS website to 'succesful 'this means your ITA is not long away!
Mega congrats to all of you that has been selected Very please for you. Good luck with the next step now.

Tina.. x
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:01 pm
We're HERE!!!

Thanks everyone Good luck with the rest of the process Jo!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant futureSambellina has a brilliant future

sorry guys this might be a dumb question, but if you get selected from the EOI pool, and your can substantiate your claims in the ITA, does that mean you will be offered residency? Or might they send you back to the EOI pool?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:52 pm
We're HERE!!!

Hi there Sambellina, is that your dog in your avatar pic? He/she is SO CUTE!!!

There aren't any "dumb questions" here, the whole NZIS website and process can be very confusing at first so feel free to ask anything, I know I did and everyone here was very helpful

If you're picked from the pool they run a check, if everything isn't correct they can put you back into the pool (this happened to us, in our case we didn't have enough points), you can get reselected if you have enough points. Then they send you the ITA and if everything checks out they interview you and then they either refuse you, offer you PR or offer you WTR. I think if you're refused after the ITA you have to reapply.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

There is a diagram available on the immigration website which expalins the process, it can be found under the following ; Home>Apply and Settle>Work>Skilled Migrant Category>How do I apply?>The application Process

There is three outcomes listed once NZIS has made their checks etc; Approved for residency (PR) OR Work to Residence (WTR) Visa or permit issued OR Application Denied.

If application is denied then that is the end and you would need to reapply from the beginning (EOI etc)

Last edited by garfield250; Oct 29th 2009 at 8:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.