British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Selected! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/selected-531630/)

debj Apr 23rd 2008 3:45 pm

Selected!

Hi!
Sorry if this is a daft question....
Our EOI has been selected today :rofl: and I wondered what I need to be preparing now. Am I right in assuming that I'm going to need to back up all stated in EOI with physical evidence?
I know will need medicals and police checks ready, can anyone please offer any advice so I can be prepared?
Many thanks!!
x

j19fmm Apr 23rd 2008 3:48 pm

Re: Selected!

Can't help with the questions, just wanted to say congratulations!!:thumbsup:

debj Apr 23rd 2008 3:50 pm

Blimey!
Thats one quick reply!
Thank you!!!! Am chuffed, bit nervous, excited!
Think the hard word starts now!
x

saritabear Apr 23rd 2008 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by debj (Post 6254471)
Blimey!
Thats one quick reply!
Thank you!!!! Am chuffed, bit nervous, excited!
Think the hard word starts now!
x

I'd wait a little before you get medicals done. They have to be no older than 3 months when you send them off. Police checks can be 6 months. You'll need full A4 birth certificates, all your qualifications and relationship evidence if married or going with a partner. Also need evidence of relatives in NZ if relevant. And get lots of passport size pictures done. Good luck.

debj Apr 23rd 2008 6:23 pm

Thanks for your reply Sarita, think I may be being a bit ambitious with timeframes!! I really have no idea what to expect now, and was led to believe that things can move fairly swiftly with job offers etc, so was expecting to have to get things sorted really quickly. Its good to know can relax a bit!
Can I ask then.. you say an A4 birth certificate? Mine is only a little basic one, so should I obtain a copy of the big one with more detail?
Cheers!
x
;)

saritabear Apr 23rd 2008 6:58 pm

Yes - there's a website you can order them from. Can't remember name but sure if you google birth certificates it'll come up. Costs £10, ours took a couple of weeks to come back. If you have a job offer then yes things will/can go quite quickly. You can always ring to book medicals in advance, some places get booked up and it'll pay to shop around for a good price. You can probably just go ahead and sort out your police certificate too. Just log onto your local forces site and its called something like Freedom of Information certificate, or there'll be a bit to click on about certificates for emmigrating. Costs £10 too - you have to print the form off and then take it to your local police station with your passport and proof of address. Ours took about 3 1/2 weeks to come back.....any more q. please ask!

Cyffiwr Apr 23rd 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by debj (Post 6255193)
I really have no idea what to expect now
Cheers!
x
;)

Deb, Congrats on getting selected. We're in the same boat as you - have job offers and have been selected...all I know is that I have to sit back and wait to see if they send us an ITA. Fingers crossed for us both :)
Sarah

squiddley Apr 23rd 2008 9:13 pm

Hi
Reference certificates for criminal disclosure.The website u need...the association of chief police officers (google it) if you check back on previous threads you could find it their...
Did mine that way as local police station didn't have a clue:blink::blink:
Down loaded the forms then sent them off ,took about three weeks...:thumbsup:
Good luck
Squiddley

P2L Apr 23rd 2008 10:07 pm

Congrats DebJ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now for the wait :ohmy::curse::ohmy:

If you look at the Wiki at the top of the page, there is a list under immigration for what you need for our ITA

If you get stuck or confused, then SHOUT very loudly ;)

debj Apr 24th 2008 3:18 pm

Thank you all for replies!

Will be keeping fingers crossed for the half a tree to land (at your house too Sarah!) !!

:thumbsup:

x