Scottish Criminal Record Office ???

Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

RickG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottish Criminal Record Office ???

(original message posted in the wrong forum. sorry if it looks familiar to you )

hi.
looking for a wee help. hopefully some scottish applicants will be able to help me out on this.
going to submit the EOI and i think will be selected automatically with a mark of above 140.
just wondering has any scottish been asked to supply the record on Scottish Criminal Record Office in addition to the Police National Computer when they received the ITA pack?
going to the local police station soon to apply for it since heard it will take ages and not within 40 days tho......
thanks in advance.
cheers, rick
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:30 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Criminal Record Office ???

As far as I can remember you have to supply police checks for every country you've lived in over the last 10 years.

My OH was born in Singapore but left there when he was only 3 or 4 years old. Immigration still questioned where his police check for Singapore was when we put in our application for WTR visas and we had to produce extra evidence to show his age when he left Singapore even though it was way over 10 years ago!! Luckily we had such evidence and sent to down to them special delivery. I think GaryG has just come over from Scotland, it might be worth sending him a pm?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:01 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, its garryhg I'm thinking of
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RickG
going to the local police station soon to apply for it since heard it will take ages and not within 40 days tho......
They are obliged by law to respond within 40 days.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
They are obliged by law to respond within 40 days.
one of my friends got it at 55 days. reported to the commissioner and ombudsmant, took another 1-2 months to look into it. he's just the unlucky one...... but if it happened, you couldn't do anything about it
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

one of my friends got it at 55 days. reported to the commissioner and ombudsmant, took another 1-2 months to look into it. he's just the unlucky one...... but if it happened, you couldn't do anything about it
You could make a complaint to the relevant authority about their disregard for the law.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Hi RickG,
Im coming over from Scotland and ive ticked both to be on safe side. I read garryhg ticked scotland first and had to get them done again as immigration were requiring a PNC (national check)
I read on a post that if you are in a rush and put a note on it they are obliging. But not something I know for a fact. Worth a try.

Good Luck
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:10 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

(original message posted in the wrong forum. sorry if it looks familiar to you )

hi.
looking for a wee help. hopefully some scottish applicants will be able to help me out on this.
going to submit the EOI and i think will be selected automatically with a mark of above 140.
just wondering has any scottish been asked to supply the record on Scottish Criminal Record Office in addition to the Police National Computer when they received the ITA pack?
thanks in advance.
cheers, rick
Hi RickG

We applied for the Scottish Police Check Disclosure system and we made a separate application to New Scotland Yard as we were told by our consultant that we needed the police checks from both north and south of the border if you are living in Scotland. When you apply for the Scottish one there is a box that you can tick if you want them to contact the English police system for you at the same time as doing our own checks. We had already contacted New Scotland Yard first so didn't tick the box but the Scottish check came back 8 days before the English one despite being applied for later.

If I was doing it again I would only contact the Scottish one and tick the box as they seem to be more efficient. You can phone up your local police station and they will connect you to someone who deals with immigration requests and they will then send you out the paperwork in the post.

Good luck with your timescales.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

actually what's the difference between scottish one and national computer? the national computer should cover enitre UK?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:09 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

I'm not sure but it may be that it is the English national computer which means it covers England and Wales and possibly Northern Ireland. I worked in an English University and one department there was known as the National Centre even though it only covered the nation of England.

However, it worked both ways as when I returned to Scotland there was another National Centre in Strathclyde University but it was only for the Scottish nation.

Who Knows??
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottish Family
I'm not sure but it may be that it is the English national computer which means it covers England and Wales and possibly Northern Ireland. I worked in an English University and one department there was known as the National Centre even though it only covered the nation of England.

However, it worked both ways as when I returned to Scotland there was another National Centre in Strathclyde University but it was only for the Scottish nation.

Who Knows??
Not all Scottish records go on the PNC. The PNC covers England and Wales; if a person is arrested in Scotland and gives an English/Welsh address then the offence is usually forwarded to London to go on the PNC. If a Scottish person is arrested south of the border then their conviction may be sent north to go on the Scottish computer as well as going on the PNC.

There's no hard and fast procedure though, and in the days before computerisation of the records things were a lot more haphazard. It recommended that anyone getting a Scottish check also applies for the PNC one, to be on the safe side and prevent a possible delay later.

Polly
(used to do the police checks)