scanned certified copies

Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default scanned certified copies

Hi

Cant find the exact info I need. Does anyone know if I can send scanned certified copies to NZIS? I've got to send a load of docs to another agency in NZ who want the original certified copies and can't send them back. I've scanned in the certified docs because I know I will be asked for more - just incase otherwise I'll have to photocopy a load more then get them certified again.

Anyone done this??

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: scanned certified copies

Hi,
Do you mean sending by post or email? If they are looking for a paper copy I would think that a copy (or a scanned and printed version) of a certified copy has the same status as copy of the original document (i.e. not what they want) - maybe a certified copy of a certified copy might be acceptable, though a fresh certified copy of the original is probably better and just as easy to get.
It's like passport photos - you seem to need a never ending supply!
John.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnht
Hi,
Do you mean sending by post or email? If they are looking for a paper copy I would think that a copy (or a scanned and printed version) of a certified copy has the same status as copy of the original document (i.e. not what they want) - maybe a certified copy of a certified copy might be acceptable, though a fresh certified copy of the original is probably better and just as easy to get.
It's like passport photos - you seem to need a never ending supply!
John.
I take that you think no then!

Ive scanned all my certified copies incase more were needed. Probably to email as I suppose it defeats the object if I print them off!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:28 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find you will need original certified copies. Not copies of certified copies.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
I think you will find you will need original certified copies. Not copies of certified copies.
But will they accept them scanned via email? Im kind of assuming not but have to ask.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scousebird
But will they accept them scanned via email? Im kind of assuming not but have to ask.
No.

Not unless you have supplied them with the originals or true certified copies before.

A13.1 The form in which documents must be submitted
All documents submitted in support of an application must be originals, or certified copies unless uncertified photocopies are specifically requested on the relevant INZ form or guide.
A13.1.1 Originals
Original documents must:
  1. be photocopied or processed immediately; and
  2. be returned directly to the owner or the owner's authorised agent (eg, solicitor) as soon as possible (unless the relevant INZ form or guide specifies that only uncertified photocopies should have been provided, in which case originals should only be returned where requested); and
  3. not be released to any other person unless the owner has made a written statement authorising their release to a specified person.
A13.1.5 Certified copies
  1. Certified copies must be stamped or endorsed as being true copies of the originals by a person authorised by law to take statutory declarations in the applicant's country or in New Zealand.Examples: a lawyer, notary public, Justice of the Peace, or court official.
  2. If certified copies are supplied, immigration officers may also request the original documents.
  3. An immigration officer may certify photocopies submitted with the original document if they are satisfied that the copy agrees with the original in essential details.
  4. If the actioning immigration officer is satisfied that the copy is a true copy, they must write on it:
    1. the words "original sighted"; and
    2. their initials; and
    3. the date.
  5. An immigration officer should accept faxed copies of certified documents only if the originals, or certified copies, are then submitted at the earliest opportunity.
  6. Documents with evidence of having been tampered with, or unofficially altered, must be referred to an immigration officer, with Schedule 1-3 delegations, who will decide what further action to take.
A13.1.10 Uncertified photocopies
Where uncertified photocopies of original documents have been provided with such applications, an immigration officer may request to see the original documents before making a decision on the application.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - pretty clear now!