Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Salary and Applying Under Skilled Migration

Salary and Applying Under Skilled Migration

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Salary and Applying Under Skilled Migration

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a minimum salary you have to earn before applying for PR under Skilled Migration?

I used to believed it was $55,000 NZ dollars, but i read the operational manual and i think it states $45,000 as the minimum salary

I might have got Work to Residency mixed up. as for that it is 55k.

I also read somewhere that the minimum salary only applies to your profession
e.g. If you were a Lecturer and the NZ standard range is between 30 and 40k as long as your in the range, you fit the bill for Skilled Migration.

Is this correct?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary and Applying Under Skilled Migration

When we applied under skilled migrant category, we were not asked anything about a salary. Think you are right about it applying on the Work to Residence category.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all
Smile Re: Salary and Applying Under Skilled Migration

When we applied we were not asked about salary as we had no jobs to go to.
Husband works in computing now and I work in real estate.
It took us about 8 months till we found work. I think that was because we kept thinking we were on holiday. When you arrive in the spring this is what happens.
Now as I drive along the beach to work, I say to myself I live here, I live here and I am on holiday all the time. No regrets.
Goodluck.