British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   RSA Typing skills (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/rsa-typing-skills-616381/)

xxElainexx Jun 23rd 2009 10:35 am

RSA Typing skills

Hi to you all,

In looking at the points system it would seem that as my husband has been in the property development business for past 27 + and has no certificates to prove this as such we are not achieving the points required to submit an EOI at this time, l on the other hand am 55 and have RSA typing Skills 1 and 2 and pitmans shorthand, but that's no longer required as technology has made that obsolete, however, these are not recognized by NZIS. Has anyone else had same problem. Also l don't have the said certificates, as they've been lost along the way with moving so often. l've tried through the college l attended to try and see if they could possibly resurrect them but no news as yet.
Really appreciate your input and thank you all in advance
xxElainexx

Celticknight Jun 23rd 2009 5:41 pm

Re: RSA Typing skills

Hi,

same problem for my Wife,

She has RSA 1,2 & 3 and speed writing shorthand, which by checking with OCR are equivalent to a NVQ level 3, but it appears these will not be recognised for NZIS, which could have gained us about 20points.

Good Luck with the elusive points.

Hope to submit our EOI this week, see what they knock us back on this time.

TeamEmbo Jun 23rd 2009 8:59 pm

When we applied 2 years ago, we tried to use my typing quals too, without success, to bump up our points. I've got Pitmans I and II and an AMSPAR Medical Secretary Diploma with distinction and various top level civil service typing and wordprocessing quals but these weren't NZ recognised so we only had 100 points. Our only way in was for OH to get a job with an accredited company, which fortunately he did. We used a consultant to assist us and I did supply him with all my certificates and quals anyway just so that NZIS could see I had some and might be able to gain employment easily and be contributing even though they weren't worth anything in points.

xxElainexx Jun 23rd 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Teamembo,

Thank you for the message, all the imput gathered surely has to help us resolve this problem. My husband is so very clever bless him, but no qualifications to back it all up which to say the least is so very frustrating.
We have both worked all our lives, and with risk of repeating myself, it was experience that got us into our different careers.
Once again many thanks
xxElainexx

TeamEmbo Jun 23rd 2009 9:20 pm

Could your husband not prove his experience by getting testimonials from clients, work colleagues etc and you could back up his years of experience with tax records for his business? Just a thought. I don't know if it will actually help.

xxElainexx Jun 23rd 2009 9:32 pm

Hi Teamembo,

Well thats a possibility isn't it. We are at the moment putting together an assessment to be looked into. We just want to make sure we put it together efficiently. This web site is amazing l have learned so much. Some days it's very positive on here about moving, and others so very negative, that it's cold there in Auckland in the winter months and of course the inevitable that we wont get enough points. But we shall fight on as we both want to emigrate to NZ. We are planning a trip for April if all goes well with our assessment. Thank you for your input...you're a star!.

Kind Regards
xxElainexx