RRV/IRRV query

Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default RRV/IRRV query

Ok, I understand the PR thing but the RRV and IRRV reeeaalllyy confuses me. My Q is this......what if I have to return home for a family emergency having been here since July 09? Will I be allowed back in to NZ no probs or is there something else I need to do? How do I go about changing from the RRV to IRRV after the 2 years thing? Or is it the other way around? See.........confused

I hope someone can help me understand this easily. Oh,BTW mods if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move it

Phyl x
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:45 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV/IRRV query

There are two stickers in your UK passport. One is the PR sticker.

The other is your first RRV, returning resident visa. It will be dated and should be for a period of 2 years.

With the RRV you can leave and return into NZ no probs. It is a visa for returning residents.

When your RRV is about to expire , you will need to apply to renew it. There will be a form and a fee. Your next RRV returning resident visa will be for an indefinite period - IRRV - provided you meet the criteria required.

If you have to leave NZ for a family emergency or even if you want to go offshore for a holiday etc. , it is the returning resident visa that allows you back in.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

And just so you know the application for the IRRV is the same form as for the RRV.

So you don't waste hours trawling the NZIS site looking for an IRRV form ...
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Binks is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you don't mind if I also ask a question on this subject. Does the RRV allow more than one re entry into NZ, within the two years it is valid, or can it only be used the once?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

SueMF is an unknown quantity at this point

You can leave New Zealand and re-enter as many times as you like whilst the RRV is valid
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:24 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phyl,
I asked NZIS about this earlier this year as I thought I may be out of the country at the time my 2yr RRV expired. If you renew before the 2yrs are up then they will grant you a 1yr RRV.
Once your 2yr RRV has expired then you should get an indefinite RRV if you are eligible [you should be!]
Sue
Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Phyl x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

We had some queries about this as well. Not that we are at that stage, but looking ahead etc and getting solid research done.

Thanks for the replies.