British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Rough idea how long Visa takes once ITA returned (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/rough-idea-how-long-visa-takes-once-ita-returned-584034/)

snowy and cru Jan 13th 2009 7:12 pm

Rough idea how long Visa takes once ITA returned

Hi can anyone help with this question. I have a job offer inplace as a midwife to start in March 10th. have returned all my paperwork on 10th January for my visa I need to book flights but need an idea how long this process takes any ideas ?

weejie Jan 14th 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Rough idea how long Visa takes once ITA returned

Took about 4 weeks from getting PR to receiving passports back with stickers in...see timeline

Phyl x

snowy and cru Jan 14th 2009 5:27 pm

:unsure:Thanks phil for reply are you in Dunedin yet and what is your line of work?
I will be working in the hospital at Dunedin on occasion if anything to complicated for the lakes in Queenstown. Bit worried as have only just sent ITA on 12th Jan and was hoping to be in NZ on 10th March think I maybe pushing it a bit!

weejie Jan 14th 2009 5:35 pm

Hi there I am a psychiatric nurse and have a job waiting at Dunedin hospital. Plan to leave UK end of June.Try and email your CO as soon as you are allocated explaining the need to be there asap. You never know,it might help:)

Phyl x

NermaltheCute Jan 14th 2009 8:57 pm

I ended up ringing the £1 a minute line and they were really helpful. Are you going to be working for SDHB then? I'm going to be in Invercargill at Southland Hospital starting 2nd March.

snowy and cru Jan 15th 2009 5:17 am

hello yes I will be working for SDHB based at the Lakes hospital Queenstown as Lead Midwifery Carer any complications go to either Dunedin or Invacargill so will be travelling. Have you looked at the 10day winter festival (July) in Queenstown looks great fun. My partner snowboards so looking for company on the slopes if any of you guys interested. Thanks for your help will e-mail my CO today. Hope we can meet up at some point.

NermaltheCute Jan 15th 2009 7:46 pm

Might need a snowboard teacher!! Haven't skied since school but its one of the things I'd love to get back into. I'll keep my ears open for a new Lead Midwifery carer starting after me! Good luck getting your visa in time, mine was processed really quickly (I think) and although I haven't got it back yet I booked flights as soon as I had email confirmation we'd been approved.