Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

RGN & RMN seeking job and visa advice please xx

RGN & RMN seeking job and visa advice please xx

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:37 am
Just Joined

cupcake-sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I am hoping to get a job early 2012 as a mental health nurse in new zealand - which i am currently studying for. I qualified as a general nurse in 2009 january.

I am moving with my dog and have no area inparticular which i want to stay.

I have only just started in my quest and could do with as much advice as poss on both getting a job - agency recommendations? getting a visa - do i do it or does the agency?

HELP!!

Thanks for your time

Jenna xx

Sorry complete beginner, points? What are they? How many do u need and how do u find out ur score? Thanks for ur time x

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 15th 2011 at 9:37 pm. Reason: merge
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:46 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone ever...

Points refer to those used to measure potential migrants under the Skilled Migrant Catagory (or SMC for short).

Read the NZIS website here

The points indicator is at the bottom of the page. The process is explained quite well but when you have more questions come back and ask - it may be best to start a new thread so it will get specific answers to your questions.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: RGN & RMN seeking job and visa advice please xx

You will need to become registered with the NZ nursing council. Click the link
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

Hi,
You'll have to do an IELTS English test before you can apply to the nursing council.

http://www.ielts.org/home.aspx

Most universities run the test; generally monthly; although I couldn't get on one near me until may!

Good luck with your move.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

Also, check out the expats nursing section:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

IELTS first, NZ nursing council second, then apply for the visa you need. You have plenty of points cause your a qualified nurse. I did it all myself but it was the most stressful thing i have ever done. Job wont be an issue but start the above process first. Are you dual qualified? If so you will be in demand!!! mind you dont get to excited, its VERY different in practice over here.......
Old Mar 18th 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

cupcake-sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by witty
IELTS first, NZ nursing council second, then apply for the visa you need. You have plenty of points cause your a qualified nurse. I did it all myself but it was the most stressful thing i have ever done. Job wont be an issue but start the above process first. Are you dual qualified? If so you will be in demand!!! mind you dont get to excited, its VERY different in practice over here.......
what do you mean about the very different in practice part? thanks for your reply x
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

Its very different to the practice at home. Especially in the Mental Health field