Returning Residents Visa

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:58 am
Just Joined

PSW2010 has a brilliant futurePSW2010 has a brilliant futurePSW2010 has a brilliant futurePSW2010 has a brilliant futurePSW2010 has a brilliant futurePSW2010 has a brilliant future
Default Returning Residents Visa

Hi,
I have a question I'm hoping someone has some answers to.
Myself and my partner were awarded WTR in 2005, which we took up in June of that year, before obtaining our PR in September of that year, at which time we were also given a 2 year RRV. We left NZ for family reasons in July 2006 having worked during the entire period we were there.
When we returned to the UK we found out my partner was pregnant and decided to stay here for the foreseeable future, which we have and are still here now.
Our RRV's have obviously expired, does anyone know how we'd get on either getting a new one, or re-entering NZ using our PR. I've read on another site someone saying if you write to NZIS explaining they're certain to give us a new RRV (which we would then use to return, stay & get a IRRV). NZIS website is a bit vague and says that 'in certain circumstances they can renew it regardless of meeting certain conditons' or words to that effect.

Anyway, any info or cases your'e aware of would be most welcome

Many thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Residents Visa

To be honest...I would probably give them a call as it looks like a discretionary thing
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Returning Residents Visa

I'm with Prickly on this one Call and ask them how it stands

As it stands from what you say.
You had PR and stayed in NZ for ten months.
You have been gone from New Zealand for around three and a half years but want to return to live and work.

Could I be refused a visa?

You could be refused a Returning Resident’s visa if you:
  • have had your Residence permit revoked
  • have been deported from New Zealand
  • are applying from outside New Zealand and have an expired Returning Resident’s Visa
  • left New Zealand without a Returning Resident’s Visa.
If you’re refused a further Returning Resident’s Visa, you’ll have to reapply for residence in New Zealand. You’ll be considered under the residence policy current at the time you apply.
Note that the wording says 'could ' not 'will be'.

Please look at THIS CHART

They would perhaps want to know how you are going to support yourselves once you return to NZ. There is also the child to consider as he/she has no NZ status at all .

Contact NZIS and ask them. Come back to us with what you find out as it could be useful to others. You can email them for help

You could also consider engaging a qualified licensed immigration consultant to help you gain another RRV for you both and PR for your child.