Returning Residents Visa

Old Aug 27th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Returning Residents Visa

Hi,

I got PR last year and was issued with a Returning Residents visa, valid for 2 years. I've the left the country once, so my question, is this valid for 2 years and as many trips as I want or is it limited to one trip and need to get a new returning residents visa for each trip out of the country?

Thanks,

Scottish N
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:07 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Returning Residents Visa

Its valid for two years. You may leave the country and return as many times as you want during those two years. There will be a date of expiry on the visa

At the end of two years you will need to apply for a new one if you wish to leave the country and return.

If you have spent 6 months in each of the first two years in NZ, you will be issued with a RRV valid indefinitely.

Be aware that if you do NOT have a valid RRV when you re-enter New Zealand, Immigration will only grant you a Visitors visa, and you will have to pay an $80 fee to get your status confirmed as a Permanent resident.

Last edited by NakiMan; Aug 27th 2009 at 4:00 am.