Returning Residence Visa Question

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:03 am
Just Joined

keyholekate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning Residence Visa Question

Can anybody tell me what you do when the returning residence visa runs out after two years? Who do you go to and what's the procedure?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Returning Residence Visa Question

Re - apply ! I did and got a new one, no questions asked. OK, I'm married to a kiwi who wrote a letter in support of my application. But a new one was granted to me for a nominal admin fee. However, this time we mean it i.e. we leave on 26 Feb. Good luck. Go for it.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

keyholekate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Re - apply ! I did and got a new one, no questions asked. OK, I'm married to a kiwi who wrote a letter in support of my application. But a new one was granted to me for a nominal admin fee. However, this time we mean it i.e. we leave on 26 Feb. Good luck. Go for it.
Thank you Debbie! Good luck with your plans - may all your dreams come true. No better place than New Zealand, is there?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

The RRV's no longer exist as of 29th November 2010. Neither do residence permits. If you have one already then it is valid until it expires so no need to do anything until the time comes.
If you would have been eligible for an indefinite RRV you now apply for a Permanent Resident Visa which is essentially the same thing, it just has a different name. You apply to the nearest NZI office, of course the changes mean it costs more...
I got mine a month ago, easy to do, either download the forms or collect one from the office-you will need passport photos.