Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Retraining for visa - plumber/electrician??

Retraining for visa - plumber/electrician??

Old May 22nd 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

nknash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retraining for visa - plumber/electrician??

Hi,

I am looking to retrain in order to get a visa to New Zealand and am loking for a bit of advice.

I am considering training for an NVQ3 in either Plumbing or Electrician and my question is whether my time on the job training will count towards my 'years experience' whan applying for the visa?

Also, if anyone has any better ideas for me of what I could retrain in for a quicker result it would be much appreciated!.. or just give me a visa, please!

Thanks
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Retraining for visa - plumber/electrician??

Yes. If you train 'on the tools' in plumbing or as a budding sparky to NVQ3 standard, then your training years will count towards years of work experience. Please do make sure that if you choose plumbing you stick with it to NVQ3. Plumbing is one of the occupations that requires registration as well as licensing. You will need the UK NVQ3 standard.