Results from NZQA

Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Results from NZQA

Originally Posted by lindsay loo
Yeah I finally received my academic transcript last week, sent it off to NZQA and on the website it has been approved. Its only taken a month! Now when it gets back to me I can send it off to join our ITA! Do you happen to know what happens if they dont make a decision and the 3 months on your medical runs out. Do you have to go through all the medicals again?
Thanks Lindsay
If you mean the medicals running out once NZIS has them with the ITA documents I don't think that's an issue. Seems they can take months and months with decisions sometimes. Good luck and if I'm mistaken someone will let you know!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Oh good, I thought I would have seen it mentioned on the forum if that was the case. We had to send off additional information and our letter from immigration said that they would begin to process our application but if our medicals ran out, they would ask us to repeat them. All our info has been sent in now, so it should all be fine, just waiting for a decision, but we have no job offers, so I guess it could be a while. Hopefully that will give us time to sell the house.

Thanks again, Lindsay
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by j19fmm
At last! I finally have my assessment from NZQA. I have been given a Level 7 for my Bachelor of Education Honours Degree. Bit confused as on the reverse of the assessment it states that Honours degrees are a Level 8. But hey I've waited 90 days for this and I'm not about to give them another $225 to look at it again.
So time scale: VISA card drawn against on 31st July
date on assessment 13th October
date sent with courier 28th October
date received in UK 5th November
And in all this time I have never heard one word from NZQA to even aknowledge receipt of my documents!! Bitter? Me?
And why did they ask for photocopies of everything and then send them all back?
Hello - I'm new... I've been monitoring this forum for a while but getting my wife's assessment back from NZQA and finding this post have both prompted me to finally join in.

My wife is in exactly the same position... qualified primary school teacher... 4 years at UNI... Bachelor of Education with Honours and so on... but NZQA have assessed her as Level 7, despite showing a "with honours" degree as being level 8 on the back of the assessment.

The problem, as you point out, is, if we ask them to look at it and clarify why, are we going to have to pay their "Appeal" fee?

At the moment we don't actually know if we disagree with their decision or not, and whether we want to appeal it, because we don't know their justification for allocating level 7 instead of level 8.

My wife's opinion seems to be one of just accept it and move on to the registration with the Teacher's Council of New Zealand... but my opinion is one of wondering if it will have any detrimental affect on her earning potential in NZ... E.g. How much extra does someone on Level 8 earn compared to someone on Level 7.... and... if that extra amount (if any) is more than the appeal fee with NZQA, then surely it's worth paying that appeal fee (if we have to) just in case it works...

Are you going to be pursuing this or not and do you know if it does affect pay rates or not?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedtb
Hello - I'm new... I've been monitoring this forum for a while but getting my wife's assessment back from NZQA and finding this post have both prompted me to finally join in.

My wife is in exactly the same position... qualified primary school teacher... 4 years at UNI... Bachelor of Education with Honours and so on... but NZQA have assessed her as Level 7, despite showing a "with honours" degree as being level 8 on the back of the assessment.

The problem, as you point out, is, if we ask them to look at it and clarify why, are we going to have to pay their "Appeal" fee?

At the moment we don't actually know if we disagree with their decision or not, and whether we want to appeal it, because we don't know their justification for allocating level 7 instead of level 8.

My wife's opinion seems to be one of just accept it and move on to the registration with the Teacher's Council of New Zealand... but my opinion is one of wondering if it will have any detrimental affect on her earning potential in NZ... E.g. How much extra does someone on Level 8 earn compared to someone on Level 7.... and... if that extra amount (if any) is more than the appeal fee with NZQA, then surely it's worth paying that appeal fee (if we have to) just in case it works...

Are you going to be pursuing this or not and do you know if it does affect pay rates or not?
Hi there, nope not pursuing it. Don't think it will affect the payment side of things. I feel like your wife..move on to the next hurdle. I think the fact they always assess us 4year BEds at Level 7 we'd get nowhere anyway!!
So, where are you planning to go in NZ? How are you searching for jobs or are you doing the leap of faith? Love to hear more from a fellow BEd Primary.. and good luck with it all...