Resident Visa question

Old Mar 5th 2014, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold
Question Resident Visa question

Hi Guys,

I and my partner are scheduled with the Telephone Interview (No job offer) this Friday as part of our Resident Visa process under SMC .
We do understand that 3 possible outcomes are there (Resident Visa, Job Searsh Visa or Application rejection)
My question is to those who were granted the resident Visa before, what are the conditions associated with RV?
what would be the time frame given inorder to allow the visa holder to make landing in NZ upon getting the visa stamped?
Would all conditions for the Resident Visa be the same for every applicant, or it differs from case to case?
Would my partner be required to travel to NZ within the same timeframe of mine?

appreciate any comments
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Visa question

I see that you submitted your application in May last year. so London's time frames of 1-6 mths is a bit off. good luck with the telephone interview, sorry did not do one so can't advise but from reading other people's it seems to be about convincing them you have done your research and can answer all the settlement and finance questions.
time frame for entry for most visa's is 12ths and applies to all applicants on the application. all conditions are the same for everyone on that particular visa type. HTH
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you get issued residency then you have 6 months to pay the migrant levy and get the stickers in your passports. You then have 12 months after that to enter NZ for the first time and activate your visas.

As your application does not include a job offer then there are no conditions associated with it apart from the usual 2 years travel conditions.

Good luck with the interview. Mine was in 2008 and it wasn't that bad. A lot of questions about what I would do if things didn't go according to plan, what research I'd done and what I knew about NZ. Plan some answers in advance based on searching interview questions on here.
All the best and try not to worry too much!
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I see that you submitted your application in May last year. so London's time frames of 1-6 mths is a bit off. good luck with the telephone interview, sorry did not do one so can't advise but from reading other people's it seems to be about convincing them you have done your research and can answer all the settlement and finance questions.
time frame for entry for most visa's is 12ths and applies to all applicants on the application. all conditions are the same for everyone on that particular visa type. HTH
London branch has informed us through email earlier last year that they received high volume of applications were they had to go beyond the usual processing time frame to process our application thanks for the information MrsFychan
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
If you get issued residency then you have 6 months to pay the migrant levy and get the stickers in your passports. You then have 12 months after that to enter NZ for the first time and activate your visas.

As your application does not include a job offer then there are no conditions associated with it apart from the usual 2 years travel conditions.

Good luck with the interview. Mine was in 2008 and it wasn't that bad. A lot of questions about what I would do if things didn't go according to plan, what research I'd done and what I knew about NZ. Plan some answers in advance based on searching interview questions on here.
All the best and try not to worry too much!
Hi Persephone,
That was so informative, thank you
I was wondering if we should prove that we lived for 184 days through out the 2 years to become eligible for the PR? It is a multiple entry visa as I understand?
For the interview I managed to find good samples by searching on here we are a bit nervous but I hope things will go well with some of the answers we have prepared.
Will keep you posted with our updates later
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:33 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

We had 12months to go to NZ from the date that our visa stickers were issued into our passports. Good luck with the interviews.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Hello

We had 12months to go to NZ from the date that our visa stickers were issued into our passports. Good luck with the interviews.
Thanks for your comments pippalonghorn
Old Mar 6th 2014, 10:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam_79
Hi Persephone,
That was so informative, thank you
I was wondering if we should prove that we lived for 184 days through out the 2 years to become eligible for the PR? It is a multiple entry visa as I understand?
For the interview I managed to find good samples by searching on here we are a bit nervous but I hope things will go well with some of the answers we have prepared.
Will keep you posted with our updates later
You will be issued a Resident Visa with two years travel conditions. The travel conditions allow you to leave and re-enter NZ as a resident. You can leave as many times as you want. Once they expire you need to apply for a PRV or further travel conditions if not eligible for a PRV IF you want to leave NZ. Your residency will not expire when your travel conditions do - unless you leave NZ.

There are 5 ways you can gain a PRV, you only have to fulfil one of them. One is to spend >184 days in NZ in each of the preceding two years. NZIS will have those dates on file, you don't have to supply any proof for that. Just the form, your passport, photos and more cash

All the best, try not to worry too much. It really isn't that bad and I'm sure they expect a few nerves! Having things prepared is good. I had notes written in such a way that they reminded me of stuff but not written out fully. I didn't want it to sound like I was reading them
Good luck
Old May 6th 2014, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick update We have recieved our email confirmation today fro the CO informing us that we are approved in principle for the NZ Resident Visa
What a great news. I can't belive it. I would like to thank every one this forum for their guidance and support.
Special thanks to BEVS, Persephone and MrsFychan for the valuable information over here...
God bless you all
Old May 6th 2014, 7:44 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

another possible 2 week nail biter whilst the secondary check is in progress. Fingers crossed.
Old May 6th 2014, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

another possible 2 week nail biter whilst the secondary check is in progress. Fingers crossed.
Hi MrsFychan,

What secondary check is that?!! Haven't heard of!!
Old May 6th 2014, 9:06 am

file goes off to another person to check that the first one has done the job properly. meant to stop mates helping mates which is why you have been told "approved in principle"
Old May 6th 2014, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

file goes off to another person to check that the first one has done the job properly. meant to stop mates helping mates which is why you have been told "approved in principle"
This sounds like an auditing check. right? would that be done for all cases? but in the letter sent, they stated that they have approved the visa in principle subject to providing valid passports and paying the Migrant Levy as they have set a deadline for that which is six months from to date.
Anyways, hope things will stay fine
Old May 6th 2014, 7:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Congratulations

Once approved in principle, that's it. As long as you pay them more cash [migrant levy] and send your passports in of course...
Old May 7th 2014, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
Congratulations

Once approved in principle, that's it. As long as you pay them more cash [migrant levy] and send your passports in of course...
Thanks for the reassurance Persephone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.