British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   residency question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/residency-question-775489/)

darrend1980 Oct 23rd 2012 1:18 pm

residency question

Hi all,

I currently have a job offer in NZ for a level 4 skill job. The role is not on the shortage lists but the employer has been trying to hire someone for a year with no successful candidates. I have 16 years experience in the industry and he is more than happy to hire me. Because the immigration website is a minefield i am totally confused. If level 4 skill on the ANZSCO website is classed as an essential skill job offer we have 125 points, if it is not we have 65 points!!

HELP!!!!

Darren :)

concretepump Oct 23rd 2012 5:20 pm

Re: residency question

Originally Posted by darrend1980 (Post 10345342)
Hi all,

I currently have a job offer in NZ for a level 4 skill job. The role is not on the shortage lists but the employer has been trying to hire someone for a year with no successful candidates. I have 16 years experience in the industry and he is more than happy to hire me. Because the immigration website is a minefield i am totally confused. If level 4 skill on the ANZSCO website is classed as an essential skill job offer we have 125 points, if it is not we have 65 points!!

HELP!!!!

hi darren level four is not classed as essential skill offer, if there's no one that can do the job in NZ you can apply, but you would only get offered a one year visa and unless you could prove your the only one who can do job that's only way your maybe look to PR, i had a job offer open for a year but was only offered one year visa, then firm had to lay two people off , so no more job offer, we might go down business route next year going over at Xmas to have a look some one else on here will maybe come up with a different answer:fingerscrossed:

concretepump Oct 23rd 2012 5:21 pm

darren,
what was the job offer for

darrend1980 Oct 23rd 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for your response, its a minefield of information on the immi website.
The job offer is for a senior travel consultant position. the employer has been looking for almost a year now without success!!
Xmas reccie sounds good, where in NZ do you want to be??

concretepump Oct 23rd 2012 7:52 pm

hi tauranga, have been quite a few times, worked there in 07 so no the area as well, loads of friends, but its been five years since we came back, not much has changed here in that time work is busy, i think nz is getting what uk had two years ago, slow down from recession,
things will look diffrent once were there:thumbsup:

darrend1980 Oct 23rd 2012 8:04 pm

Things will definitely look different once we arrive!! :)
My mum lives up in the bay of islands. I love it up there, never been to tauranga but heard great things!! Once we arrive we can head over and check it out!!

BEVS Oct 29th 2012 12:28 am

Originally Posted by darrend1980 (Post 10345342)
Hi all,

HELP!!!!

Apply for a temporary work visa to get you here and working. From there try for NZ residency if you hold a senior managerial position and have the work exp and quals to back it up. The employer will need to show proof of no-one to take that job or train for it.

Linbin Oct 29th 2012 5:50 am

Originally Posted by concretepump (Post 10345792)
hi darren level four is not classed as essential skill offer, if there's no one that can do the job in NZ you can apply, but you would only get offered a one year visa and unless you could prove your the only one who can do job that's only way your maybe look to PR, i had a job offer open for a year but was only offered one year visa, then firm had to lay two people off , so no more job offer, we might go down business route next year going over at Xmas to have a look some one else on here will maybe come up with a different answer:fingerscrossed:

Darren
Exactly why we went business visa route. Bought a franchise been here since January been a great way to get in.:thumbsup:

darrend1980 Nov 1st 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks Bevs and Linbin, Temporary work visa paperwork being done as we speak. Medicals hopefully week after next!! :) very excited!! Any ideas how long work visa takes to process?? Thanks all Darren

GoingIn2011 Nov 7th 2012 10:06 am

Originally Posted by darrend1980 (Post 10361473)
Thanks Bevs and Linbin, Temporary work visa paperwork being done as we speak. Medicals hopefully week after next!! :) very excited!! Any ideas how long work visa takes to process?? Thanks all Darren

Not long - few weeks.