British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Residency granted! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/residency-granted-747236/)

GoingIn2011 Feb 3rd 2012 6:31 am

Residency granted!

If you have a job it seems that residency is quick -
ITA submitted 16th October
Residency granted 26th January.

Flipping fantastic.

All the best you guys, hope your dream comes true.

scrubbedexpat094 Feb 3rd 2012 8:24 am

Re: Residency granted!

CONGRATULATIONS! :beer::drinkwine::drinkwine::beer:

MrsFychan Feb 3rd 2012 8:36 am

Congrats x 2 :thumbsup:

BenP Feb 5th 2012 9:27 am

congratulations, but the guidelines are between 1-3 months and yours took longer than that so if thats quick i think i me be in trouble!

GoingIn2011 Feb 5th 2012 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by BenP (Post 9884650)
congratulations, but the guidelines are between 1-3 months and yours took longer than that so if thats quick i think i me be in trouble!

If that's the case then the guidelines may have changed...
At all times, including recently over Christmas, we were told 6-9 months.
It would depend greatly on where you apply I guess - for us, first London, then Auckland as I moved here on a work visa. Both gave 6-9m as a timeframe...
You can always get a work visa - that took 10 days!

BenP Feb 5th 2012 1:05 pm

just checked the london office time scales again and its saying 1-3 months, hopefully its about accurate as cant justify getting both visa's..

clicky

GoingIn2011 Feb 5th 2012 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by BenP (Post 9884886)
just checked the london office time scales again and its saying 1-3 months, hopefully its about accurate as cant justify getting both visa's..

clicky

Yeah - just read that :-)
Also, just read Auckland which says 6-9 months, so worthwhile getting it done in London first if you can!
Although when we came over from Bristol in September it was definitely longer than that for London. They must have taken on more staff!
Which part of Bristol are you from?

BenP Feb 5th 2012 1:11 pm

im from Frampton Cotterel and my wifes from Brentry, you?

GoingIn2011 Feb 5th 2012 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by BenP (Post 9884894)
im from Frampton Cotterel and my wifes from Brentry, you?

Westbury-on-Trym :-)

MrsFychan Feb 5th 2012 8:31 pm

Think the guys who took our application on the front desk in NZ London where very optimistic as when we submitted end of Oct he told us we would have it before Christmas, ours took 3 mths and a couple of days, taking into account 2 medical referrals, Christmas period and our case officer only works 4 days out of 5 think it was fair amount of time. The secondary check was the longest out told 1-2 weeks and it took nearly 3 after us emailing and phoning to chase.

Work visa only took my husband an hour to get from the Wellington Office. :D