Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Residency but leaving the eldest behind to finish college!!!

Residency but leaving the eldest behind to finish college!!!

Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Default Residency but leaving the eldest behind to finish college!!!

Hi, Only me again!!!

My eldest daughter is in the throws of indecision as she really would like to stay in uk for an extra year to finish her college course. Has anyone heard of applying for family residence then one member of said family taking longer to come into NZ then everyone else??

Thanks

Ali
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency but leaving the eldest behind to finish college!!!

Hi Ali,

We have just this week validated our visas. I have left my OH and eldest son there and returned home with my youngest son, who wants to finish his A Levels here.

I believe I am correct in thinking (someone please correct me if I'm not) that he then can make use of the RRV (Returning Residents Visa). This is valid for 2 years. After that, if he has spent majority of time in NZ, he can apply for IRRV but if he has spent more time out of NZ than in it, he can only apply for a further RRV, the validity to be decided by NZIS.

So, my youngest will have to make up his mind - does he take the chance on them not renewing his visa (although under balance of family, we can always try and sponsor him)?

Not a huge help, sorry but at least you know you don't all have to move out at the same time. However, he MUST validate his visa within the given time frame (1 year from when blue stickers go in) - there is NO leeway on this. Arrive 1 day late and it's a big fat toughy!