residency approved!

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:57 am
Just Joined

tipsy10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residency approved!

Hi there,

i have just been granted residency and am waiting for my residence permit to arrive after paying the $300 migrant levy.

here is what it says on my letter from the NZIS

" A residence permit will entitle you to live , work and study in NZ. This permit expires when you leave NZ. A valid returning resident's visa is required to enable you to be issued with another residence permit on your return to NZ
You will shortly be issued with a returning resident's visa.
issued for 2 years in the first instance"

The letter then goes on about spending a majority of time in NZ to be granted more returning resident's visa's.

What I don't know is weather or not my resident's visa will be tied to my current employer like my work permit was!

Any help here please

Regards Tipsy.

ps getting residency was quite easy!! despite not having and skills
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:12 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: residency approved!

Originally Posted by tipsy10
Hi there,

i have just been granted residency and am waiting for my residence permit to arrive after paying the $300 migrant levy.
Congratulations.

" A residence permit will entitle you to live , work and study in NZ. This permit expires when you leave NZ. A valid returning resident's visa is required to enable you to be issued with another residence permit on your return to NZ

The letter then goes on about spending a majority of time in NZ to be granted more returning resident's visa's.

What I don't know is whether or not my resident's visa will be tied to my current employer like my work permit was!
I wouldn't think so. Ours are not tied to anyone.

Any help here please

Regards Tipsy.

ps getting residency was quite easy!! despite not having any skills
Ai yai yai, Tipsy. People that are struggling to get the paperwork together to qualify to immigrate may be a envious to hear you breezing it.

Hey, I'm pleased that it went well for you.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happynz
Congratulations.

I wouldn't think so. Ours are not tied to anyone.

Ai yai yai, Tipsy. People that are struggling to get the paperwork together to qualify to immigrate may be a envious to hear you breezing it.

Hey, I'm pleased that it went well for you.
sorry, I can't answer your questions but wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS"!

Lou

ps. When I was talking to someone at the expo, 6 months was memtioned as the amount of time you had to work for a company as stated in your residency application ... but you'd better check on that ...
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

hiya! congrats on your visas!! we had to work for the same company for 3 months!!!

Hi there,

What I don't know is weather or not my resident's visa will be tied to my current employer like my work permit was!

Any help here please

Regards Tipsy.

Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

You have no issues. You get two stickers in your passport. The resident visa and the returning resident visa. The first entitles you to do whatever you like here in New Zealand, except have access to iincome support for the first 12 months like the working for families. All residents of New Zealand need to have a returning resident's visa. The first one lasts for two years. You must have a valid visa before entering. Once the first two years after entry has elapsed, you will need a new one. You would apply for it before the current one expires. If you have been a tax resident and have lived in New Zealand in the previous 184 days I think it is you will be granted a second visa. This second returning resident's visa is open ended.

Bottom line, you can work and live where you like, come and go as you like too, only be sure you have a valid returning resident visa.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Any help here please

Regards Tipsy.

Hi and well done, We got our reident accepted and hopefully in March/April we emmigrate. The residence visa as far as i know means you can work and do any job not just the one you are quallified at.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

Well thx for the answers!!

I pretty mixed bag! some people aren't sure, some say 6 months with my employer, some say do what I want, some say 3 months with my employer,
so the jury is still out for me, can't take any chances until my passport returns, its been almost a month now!

Seems things like category of application and where you applied from can make a big difference here.

just wish things would hurry up, specially as I need to go back to the UK soon (mid Nov) to sell the house etc.

The longer it goes the worse it might be for my employer! I can't make any decisions until I know for sure!! in black and white!

Cheers , I'll let you know the out come, whenever that will be!!?

Tips
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: residency approved!

Hi All,

yipee! I have my passport returned and the senior member CAN2NZ was indeed correct,

I can do whatever I want as long as I spend the majority of time in NZ.

Thanks to all that read and took interest, and good luck to all those who have EOI in the pipeline

My advice: pay your fees, present your case methodically and formally, don't lie, be curtious in all correspondence.

Cheers,
Tipsy
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:13 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

My advice: pay your fees, present your case methodically and formally, don't lie, be courteous in all correspondence.

Cheers,
Tipsy
Absolutely top advice. Well done Tipsy.