Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Residency application submitted at last!!!

Residency application submitted at last!!!

Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:06 am
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Residency application submitted at last!!!

Hi all

After initially submitting my qualifications to NZQA back in May I am almost there, having posted my final residency application to INZ last week. Throughout the application process there seems to have been no indication of how long anything would take, so I have just been relying on feedback from other people. Anyone got any ideas on this last leg?

I am holding out on applying for jobs as some agencies seem to be put off until you have NZ residence status.
Still contemplating what to ship and what to car boot. I would appreciate any advice? I'm single, in my 30's with my whole life ahead of me. Can't wait to join my brother in NZ. My sister is also just across the ditch in Oz so we will finally be closer as a family geographically then we have been in over 10 years! Don't think I'm going to miss mud island one bit!

Would be great to hear all your stories and experiences....

X Ang
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency application submitted at last!!!

Well done you, sounds like you will almost be there.
As for timeline on how long it takes, have a look at my timeline, as you can see it was pretty quick for us but that was with a job offer, as you have probably heard before, everyone is different.

Just wanted to wish you all the best - Happy New Year (and New Life)
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:01 am
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Residency application submitted at last!!!

Thanks! I got home yesterday after spending xmas in London with a friend and the letter from INZ was waiting for me. Said it takes up to four months, so lets hope its quicker than that. If not at least it buys me time to save more £££'s. Are you in NZ now? If so how are you finding it?