British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Which Residence Application to be used for Skill Migrant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/residence-application-used-skill-migrant-750885/)

ran82 Mar 7th 2012 1:06 pm

Which Residence Application to be used for Skill Migrant

Hi,
I am going to applying for Visa and I could find only one application, which is INZ 1000. I want to clarify whether this is the correct application form?
Thanks.

fele Mar 9th 2012 7:33 am

Re: Which Residence Application to be used for Skill Migrant

I guess u can start with EOI, after being selected they will then send you an application form for ITA. :)

BEVS Mar 10th 2012 5:18 am

Sorry. I am a bit confused.

I thought you already applied under the SMC .

Your post HERE

ran82 Mar 10th 2012 11:11 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9945498)
Sorry. I am a bit confused.

I thought you already applied under the SMC .

Your post HERE

hi BEVS, yes we applied under SMC

MrsFychan Mar 10th 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by ran82 (Post 9945767)
hi BEVS, yes we applied under SMC

so that is the visa you are applying for so confused why you have asked the question about which application form? You now have to gather your evidence and submit the ITA

BEVS Mar 10th 2012 10:08 pm

Form 1000 is for Residence from Work. Nothing to do with the SMC points based policy.

According to your previous post your EOI was approved and you will have received a rather large ITA. You should be collating all your paperwork and evidence to send back with that. :blink:

ran82 Mar 11th 2012 4:51 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9946369)
Form 1000 is for Residence from Work. Nothing to do with the SMC points based policy.

According to your previous post your EOI was approved and you will have received a rather large ITA. You should be collating all your paperwork and evidence to send back with that. :blink:

hi all, thank you very much for your info. now we understand that we need to send the copy of EOI which they sent us with the invitation naming as ITA.
and all other documnets should submit in a file?

BEVS Mar 11th 2012 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by ran82 (Post 9946670)
hi all, thank you very much for your info. now we understand that we need to send the copy of EOI which they sent us with the invitation naming as ITA.
and all other documnets should submit in a file?

Send all and everything back with the copy EOI and the ITA. That's your certified documents, your proof of relationship , work experience, police checks, medicals. Everything.

There is a time limit to get this stuff back to NZIS so crack on.

MrsFychan Mar 11th 2012 11:12 pm

read the instruction leaflet as it advises on what to do for the ITA.
If you don't submit all the requirements you will just make things take longer.
You will need to prove an on going relationship if you are planning to take your wife/gf with you. Marriage certificate IS NOT enough, you will need joint utility bills, bank accounts or things along that line.
You need to prove that you have the skills as outlined in the field of skill you have submitted in the EOI.

It can seem very daunting and it is time consuming and I think at the end of it our file weighed 5 1/2lb, know of others that files weighed more, but you need to do it to get through and you need to do it within the time scale advised in your ITA letter. That means everyone on the application has to have their medicals done as well as they police checks and all relevant paper work.

ran82 Mar 12th 2012 4:29 am

Hi all, thank you very much for all the details.

yes,we are preparing docs at the moment and medicals will be done in the end of this week.

we have a baby who is just 2 months old. my husband took a letter from his employment to proof his experience and we will submit our degree certificate along with our transcript to prove our qualifications. hope these are enough and we also claim bonus points for both qualification and experience.

to prove our relationship my husband think that having a child is a good proof. but we also submit a letter from a bank which we put our joint account since our marriage and also send pics which we took at our wedding ceremony,trips and the pics took at the theater at the day my baby was born(my husband was there with me at that time)

we just 29 years old and hope everything goes well. we had 140 points.

MrsFychan Mar 12th 2012 5:51 am

you're doing all the right things, you will need to submit the holiday, bank stuff and possibly utility bills to prove your relationship is "real" just having the baby won't cut it I'm afraid

ran82 Mar 12th 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9948001)
you're doing all the right things, you will need to submit the holiday, bank stuff and possibly utility bills to prove your relationship is "real" just having the baby won't cut it I'm afraid

hi, I discussed with my husband and we will submit my husband's credit card bill and it indicate that my credit card is a supplementry of that card.
also we will take a letter from our house owner (we rented a house since our marriage) stating that we lived and still living there and also submit the contract we signed with him when we rented that house.

MrsFychan Mar 12th 2012 6:49 am

good stuff that should do it :D

BenP Mar 13th 2012 11:16 am

For our proof of relationship we just had a joint bank statement, copies of both our driving liscences to prove address. We too have a young baby.

5.5lb for your application wow!