Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Requirements to get PR whilst in skilled employment

Requirements to get PR whilst in skilled employment

Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Requirements to get PR whilst in skilled employment

Originally Posted by simonsi
Understand that but frankly what is happening to your SMC application - nothing fast it seems as it was received by NZIS in Sept last year???
I agree. I'd chase up the CO & ask what the hold up is.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

Well, as stated earlier in the thread, I was told it would take 6-9 months to process.

Not sure if I can wait any longer and I know it's not going to help if I fret all the time. I will contact my CO and find out my options.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:13 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

You still need to fix the work situation, you currently seem not to be in ongoing work as you have an end date so AFAIK that wouldn't qualify for PR...
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I’m aware of that.

I contacted the Immigration department and had a helpful woman after I explained my situation. She said that I should seek another skilled occupation and if it’s a permanent role, then I shouldn’t have a problem. My application will be processed anytime between March and June.

If worse comes to worst, then I could be granted a WTR then it gives me time to look for something.

Job hunting has started! Fingers crossed