Relationship status for emigration?

Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:30 am
Just Joined

BadHorsie01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relationship status for emigration?

Hi all,

I've had a look through but can't find a similar topic so thought I'd ask.

If I apply to become a NZ resident, will I be able to bring my fiance over? We are engaged but not married yet, obviously. We intend to marry.

Is it allowed for me to bring her over with me?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relationship status for emigration?

on what grounds are you going to apply for NZ residency?
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
on what grounds are you going to apply for NZ residency?
Hi, thanks for the reply

I'm just fact finding at the moment. I work in IT so have some skills required, but am trying to find out whether I can bring my fiance over or whether we have to be married to fit the criteria required?
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:20 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you would need to show that you have been in a committed relationship for at least 12mths. so joint back accounts, bills, invites, photo's. holiday bookings, holiday photo's. etc
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you would need to show that you have been in a committed relationship for at least 12mths. so joint back accounts, bills, invites, photo's. holiday bookings, holiday photo's. etc
Excellent, I can supply plenty of that information. Great news. I can look ahead now.

Thankyou very much for your help
Old Jun 27th 2014, 4:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you wish to apply under the Skilled Migrant Category and include a partner then you must prove that you have lived together for the last 12 months and be in a committed and genuine relationship.

MrsF has mentioned some of the things you can use as proof.

Marriage is not necessary and a marriage certificate on it's own is not sufficient proof. It's the living together that NZIS want to see and a marriage certificate doesn't prove that! It is extra proof that you are in a relationship though
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:09 pm

evidence required as stated on the Immigration website

Evidence of partnership