Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Relationship proof........and other things

Relationship proof........and other things

Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relationship proof........and other things

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hmm, OH and I don't have any joint accounts and the household bills are in my name as I lived here first. OH has mobile phone bills and his bank account details at this address, we have council tax bill in both names and a co-habitation agreement from the solicitor when we first got together, afew photos but usually one of us behind the camera. Going to be really easy for us then.......
thank god we're not alone.
In the same boat as you - separate bk acc. I pay tel/int/food/clothes. He pays rest. One pays flights + holiday rentals, other pays everything else. works out well.
But it's easier for us to prove.
We've been married and living together for 38 years.
They just have to look at the eyes!
the lines/stress/weariness/numbness/
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennifer45
In the same boat as you - separate bk acc. I pay tel/int/food/clothes. He pays rest. One pays flights + holiday rentals, other pays everything else. works out well.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

OMG just checked and Immigration NZ has us as "Residence Pending"!!!! All I need now is a case officer to email my family photos to!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:59 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Inlaws have been married for over 40 years, with 2 kids and 5 grandkids. NZIS still requested relationship proof
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P2L
Inlaws have been married for over 40 years, with 2 kids and 5 grandkids. NZIS still requested relationship proof
Now I am beginning to wonder-"Do I really want to move to a place that employs such 'jobs worths' in such key government positions?
This is so ludicrous as to be suspect.
Is this particular I Officer getting off on the fact that he/she has the POWER to make applicants jump through as many hoops as they say and as high as they say.
It may even be tit for tat as a number of Kiwis have faced increased vetting and more stringent demands of proof of a number of things.
If so -it's sad.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Now I am beginning to wonder-"Do I really want to move to a place that employs such 'jobs worths' in such key government positions?
This is so ludicrous as to be suspect.
Is this particular I Officer getting off on the fact that he/she has the POWER to make applicants jump through as many hoops as they say and as high as they say.
It may even be tit for tat as a number of Kiwis have faced increased vetting and more stringent demands of proof of a number of things.
If so -it's sad.

Personally, I prefer to be somewhere where you do have to jump through hoops to get in, rather than somewhere like the UK where the floodgates have been opened for many years now.

As for the Case Officer, unless everyone had the same CO as we did, then I think they are all possibly to follow the same 'script' LOL

Last edited by P2L; Nov 20th 2008 at 5:38 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P2L
Personally, I prefer to be somewhere where you do have to jump through hoops to get in, rather than somewhere like the UK where the floodgates have been opened for many years now.

As for the Case Officer, unless everyone had the same CO as we did, then I think they are all possibly to follow the same 'script' LOL
You misunderstood my post.
It's not the hoops Or the number of hoops or even the multitude of forms you have to pay for and produce.
It's the obsessively vigorous application by some (not all) of what is required. It does depend which case officer you get.

My post was in reply to your post
"Inlaws have been married for over 40 years, with 2 kids and 5 grandkids. NZIS still requested relationship proof "
Do you mean a marriage certificate?-( that would be normal) or was it something over and above the normal birth/marriage certificates?
I agree wholeheartedly with tighter immigration laws, provided they are applied rigorously and sensibly to all applicants.