Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

philheather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: REFUSED PR

Bev

Thanks for your reply
I have letter from PDGB recognising my qualifications and ability to sit exam
when in nz along with application for limited licence for employer
When we applied plumbers were still on shortage list but it has taken so long to get to assesment by co that as you say plumbers are now not on the list
With job situation as it is it seems we are never going to get PR which is only real option for us with a realistic time scale to sell our house and existing plumbing buisness here before we can move to nz.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:10 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

We are probs in a similar situation, my hubby is a spark and we dont have job offers. However, we have sold house and are just waiting for decision from INZ now as to WTR, PR or decline

Obviously we would love PR as it take some of the pressure off but with what you have said BEVS it seems we will likely get WTR (if not declined!) as hubby will need to sit exams when we get there? Or is it different for sparks than plumbers?

Does anyone know if sparks are still on the skills shortage list? Ta x
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I don't know Flowerpot. I did think that sparkies could get an EWRB provisional license if they pass a health and safety course . I also thought that the course was sometimes actually held at NZIS London. With that, it would count towards registration and therefore fulfill the NZIS requirements .

Also Electrician was a trade that remained on the NZIS long term shortage list. That means that there is a shortage of sparkies and jobs to be filled in NZ.
Whereas plumbers are not on the shortages lists and I know there is now a shortage of work for a plumber out there.

Check it out with actual sparkies .

Carolineshewan
husband is a sparky who has gone through the process and gained PR. Maybe send her a Private Message.

Also Soppydot.

Please read through THIS THREAD . It has info about sparkies etc

and also start a thread headed EWRB Sparky PR help & see who pops up.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

JUST HEARD TODAY FROM MY CO THAT IT IT STANDARD POLICY FOR PLUMBERS, ELECTRICIANS, PHARMACISTS, ARCHITECTS, AND LAWYERS TO GET WTR UNLESS YOU HAVE JOB OFFER WHEN ASSESSING APPLICATION
IF WE HAD KNOWN THIS AT THE START THAT THERE WAS NO POSSIBILITY OF GETTING PR WHICH WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO MOVE THEN WE COULD HAVE SAVED MONTHS OF WORK AND EXPENSE
WE FEEL THAT WE HAVE BEEN MISLED ALL ALONG THAT PR WAS POSSIBLE WITHOUT JOB OFFER
AS JOB OFFER CAN ONLY REALLY BE OBTAINED IN NZ IF NO ONE ELSE IN NZ WHO IS ALREADY QUALIFYED CAN FILL THAT VACANCY, NO EMPLOYER IS GOING TO OFFER YOU A JOB KNOWING THAT AS SOON AS YOU HAVE STARTED THERE YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE UK TO FINALISE SALE OF HOUSE ETC WHICH COULD TAKE MONTHS BEFORE RETURNING
WE ARE NOW CONSIDERING GIVING UP OUR PLANS TO MOVE TO NZ AS THE POLICY AT THIS TIME SEEMS TO BE UNWORKABLE
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:45 pm
`

Thank you for thinking to come back and let us all know this. That is very kind of you.

I've read in the past of tradesmen being given PR without a job offer as long as they had enough points and could prove they fulfilled the requirements towards occupational registration once they arrived

I can sort of see a reason for WTR for those occupations where there is no longer a shortage but your trade is still has a long term shortage which the lists reflect..

So, it seems there has been a change along the line there somewhere if it is now policy to automatically offer WTR for the above occupations.

I agree with you. Given your post stating what the CO has advised you , then this is misleading and it should be clearly stated on the NZIS website for those particular occupations.

You should perhaps think to complain about this hidden policy & ask for your money back as yu feel you have been mis-lead by the service.

Start by complaining to the Branch Manager .
Then follow the procedure HERE
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thank you for thinking to come back and let us all know this. That is very kind of you.

I've read in the past of tradesmen being given PR without a job offer as long as they had enough points and could prove they fulfilled the requirements towards occupational registration once they arrived

I can sort of see a reason for WTR for those occupations where there is no longer a shortage but your trade is still has a long term shortage which the lists reflect..

So, it seems there has been a change along the line there somewhere if it is now policy to automatically offer WTR for the above occupations.

I agree with you. Given your post stating what the CO has advised you , then this is misleading and it should be clearly stated on the NZIS website for those particular occupations.

You should perhaps think to complain about this hidden policy & ask for your money back as yu feel you have been mis-lead by the service.

Start by complaining to the Branch Manager .
Then follow the procedure HERE
Hi we too only realised too late that we would only be granted WTR not PR, not sure if this was a case of us being mislead more the fact that we had heard and read of many on here getting PR without job offers so felt that as hubby was an electrician it would be no different. Hence we have applied again as ours ran out before house was sold! I do think it is slightly unfair that as a skilled tradesman you can only get PR with a job offer and provisional licence when others can get PR then arrive in NZ and then not necessarily work in that proffession.
Philheather- good luck with whatever you decide
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:27 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

As a pharmacist I only realised about the WTR / PR problem just as we were beginning the process. Initially I was upset that I would only be able to get the WTR visa.

However, after thinking about it, we decided that actually it's not that bad (as long as we can sell our flat), as it is a means of getting to NZ, and once there I'd be wanting to work full time anyway (which I understand is usually a requirement to convert to PR). So we're going for it anyway.

I would have a seriously have a good think about the situation. Don't necessarily look at the WTR visa as 'failing' to get PR. I don't think it is. Like I say I view it as a temporary visa which should be able to be converted once we're there.

I dunno, maybe we're being overly optimistic, but it doesn't feel like that for me.
Old May 27th 2010, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Default plumbers visas

Just to let anyone who is thinking of applying for residency know that you will not get permanent residency decision from you case officer as it is policy that you have to have a job offer in your trade before this will happen
This means you have to go to nz first to get a job and register for limited licence with pgdb as it is unlikely that you can secure job in uk at this time as there is shortage of work in nz and we are not on the shortage list now
We applied in july 2009 when we were advised that there were three outcomes for visas PR, WTR or DECLINED we have now been told that we would never of been offered PR only WTR which means having to be in nz within three months of accepting visa
As this is not practical with a wife and two children to leave behind with no income while i go to nz to look for a job we have no option but to give up our plans to go to nz after all the expense and stress of medicals, telephone interviews, for the last year
I urge anyone who is thinking of applying to emigrate to nz as a tradesman to
be prepared to not get pr as a matter of course as this is standard policy
Old May 28th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: plumbers visas

Originally Posted by philheather
Just to let anyone who is thinking of applying for residency know that you will not get permanent residency decision from you case officer as it is policy that you have to have a job offer in your trade before this will happen
This means you have to go to nz first to get a job and register for limited licence with pgdb as it is unlikely that you can secure job in uk at this time as there is shortage of work in nz and we are not on the shortage list now
We applied in july 2009 when we were advised that there were three outcomes for visas PR, WTR or DECLINED we have now been told that we would never of been offered PR only WTR which means having to be in nz within three months of accepting visa
As this is not practical with a wife and two children to leave behind with no income while i go to nz to look for a job we have no option but to give up our plans to go to nz after all the expense and stress of medicals, telephone interviews, for the last year
I urge anyone who is thinking of applying to emigrate to nz as a tradesman to
be prepared to not get pr as a matter of course as this is standard policy
sorry its not worked out for you , we were in nz in 07 for seven months (only came back because we could not sell house ) we have been offered my old job back with a bit more money after three years we tried pr got turned down and WTR they would not go as accredited employers so we are trying to go in on a work visa not sure ifs its one year or three yet once we are there we will try and change it for pr only time will tell just done medicals then send it all off to london and then wait
Old May 29th 2010, 1:17 am
`

Default Re: REFUSED PR - Visa for plumber

Hi PhilHeather.
As you can see I have merged your latest post on this subject with a previous thread started 5 months ago as it is on the same subject.

There are several previous posts and responses about this.

Plumbing jobs in Nelson

Residency Application Query

where in your first post April 9th 2009 you stated you had been told by NZIS at the outset that WTR would be the outcome.

Apr 23rd 2009, 2:28 am #1 philheather vbmenu_register("postmenu_7503616", true);

Residence application query
Hi

Can anyone help, i can not work out how to get the following,

How do you get a letter of evaluated credentials from the pgdb, stating that they have evaluated your credentials towards registration as a plumber in nz, to enable me to work under supervision, when i am in the uk
Inz have stated that i will have to have a work to residence visa and not a residence visa what does this mean

Thanks
Recession means that there is no longer a shortage of plumbers here at this moment in time. That might change.
I would say don't give up completely. If you remain keen to emigrate, bide your time

A UK plumber could actually apply and be given PR even in these difficult times if they had time and money.
In theory , the plumber could come to NZ and sit the 4 day PGDB registration assessments and exams. If they passed this, then that would fulfil the registration requirements laid down by NZIS . Tough to do but possible.

However, the problem of plumbing not being on the shortages lists would remain as the question of how the plumbing family would support themselves in NZ if the plumber could not find a job would arise.
Old May 30th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Re: REFUSED PR - Visa for plumber

Originally Posted by philheather
TOLD TODAY THAT PR REFUSED WE WILL ONLY BE OFFERED WTR VISA AS I HAVE YET TO GET JOB OFFER
AS WE HAVE TO SELL HOUSE AND ORGANISE EVERYTHING WITH TWO CHILDREN AT SCHOOL IT SEEMS THAT WE ARE NOT WANTED, ALTHOUGH WE ARE BOTH SKILLED I AM A PLUMBER, AND MY WIFE IS A BANK CLERK AND ALSO QUALIFIED FLORIST
HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE AS READING ON THIS SITE PEOPLE SEEM TO GET PR WITHOUT JOB OFFER

THANKS
I have every sympathy for you as being an electrician I am going to be in the same boat as you and many others. I wouldn't take it personally, it is not that you are not wanted. It is simply a case of sorting the registration, which if the PGDB is like the EWRB, you cannot be registered without a NZ employer....

Don't give up, I see this as yet another challenge, or just another hoop to jump through...heck, it doesn't seem fair but if thats what it takes.

Best of luck