British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Recruitment/jobsearch Agency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/recruitment-jobsearch-agency-480090/)

Dezza Sep 9th 2007 11:17 pm

Recruitment/jobsearch Agency

Has anyone used a jobsearch agency? They charge a fee to find you a job and set up interviews for you. Their selling point seems to be that they give you credibility in the eyes of NZ employers and you are more likely to be taken seriously by them.
Are they worth using or is it better to do a reccie and try and set up your own interviews however hard that may be!

P2L Sep 10th 2007 12:38 am

Re: Recruitment/jobsearch Agency

Originally Posted by Dezza (Post 5292485)
Has anyone used a jobsearch agency? They charge a fee to find you a job and set up interviews for you. Their selling point seems to be that they give you credibility in the eyes of NZ employers and you are more likely to be taken seriously by them.
Are they worth using or is it better to do a reccie and try and set up your own interviews however hard that may be!

My DH used an agency but not one where we paid them :eek:

The agency in question were specific to his industry ( construction) and then charged their fees to the company that my hubby now works for.

Personally, I think there are enough agencies out there that work that wasy round that you can avoid using those that do try to charge you.

You may find someone on here that can put you in contact with an agency within your field; what is it that you do?

Kags1694 Sep 10th 2007 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 5292611)
My DH used an agency but not one where we paid them :eek:

The agency in question were specific to his industry ( construction) and then charged their fees to the company that my hubby now works for.

Personally, I think there are enough agencies out there that work that wasy round that you can avoid using those that do try to charge you.

You may find someone on here that can put you in contact with an agency within your field; what is it that you do?

Hi,

OH is a carpenter, he is currently looking for a job, did you use Seek?

If not, hope you don't mind me asking what company you used.

Regards
Karen

P2L Sep 10th 2007 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 5294117)
Hi,

OH is a carpenter, he is currently looking for a job, did you use Seek?

If not, hope you don't mind me asking what company you used.

Regards
Karen

Hi Karen,

We used BBT to help us, but unfortunately they will not be of any help in your case as they deal with the technical (engineers etc) and mangement side of the industry.

Have you tried contacting Wiz aka Andy in ChCh?

Dezza Sep 11th 2007 10:38 am

My OH is a manager in an a utility co - do you know of any good agencies for this line of work in auckland?
Unlike your usual rec cons these jobsearch agencies apparently work on your behalf and contact employers for you -anyone had any experience of them? :unsure:

McGowans Sep 11th 2007 1:58 pm

Hi Dezza, which Utility co? My OH has just come out of mgt in utilties to go back on the tools - with the aim of making sure he is up to date with recent work exp. Not sure if this was the best move, but he's happy!:unsure: