British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Recognised Qualification..plz help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/recognised-qualification-plz-help-583069/)

fahadkhan389 Jan 10th 2009 5:37 am

Recognised Qualification..plz help

Dear freinds,

I have BS degree(4 years) in computer engineering and MBA in marketing(2 years).i am having problem in answering following questions in online EOI.Can some one plz guide me?i am pakistan national.I have the have some queries regarding below questions in EOI.

EOI Questions:

1) Is this qualification included on the List of Recognised Qualifications?
Or has an Occupational Registration Body assessed your qualification as comparable to a New Zealand qualification that is on the List of Recognised Qualifications?

2) Has your qualification been assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority?

3) What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to?

My Queries:

1) i wana know are my qualifications are in recognised list?
2) Is it necessary that qualification been assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority?
3)What New Zealand qualification can my qualification(BS and MBA) be assessed as being comparable to??

flair002 Jan 10th 2009 7:58 am

Re: Recognised Qualification..plz help

DEAR Fahad
cudnt help much except to say that i have same qualifications as urs from pakistan
BE Computers ( NED university)
MBA Marketing (IBA Karachi)
CISSP
not sure what to do ....
thanks
khurram

BEVS Jan 10th 2009 10:17 am

You can find the answer to this on the NZIS website.

Go to
List of Recognised Qualifications

Look up the country where you obtained your degrees.

Once you are there, simply look for the University etc where you gained the degree and it will state if it is recognised or not.

Of course, another way to go is to get a preliminary assessment on-line through NZQA.

fahadkhan389 Jan 10th 2009 10:41 am

I have gained my BS and MBA degrees from Pakistan
i cant see the name of pakistan in the list of countries for qualification recognition

can any one plz provide me the correct link..how can i know my answers??

BEVS Jan 10th 2009 3:28 pm

As Pakistan is NOT included on the list, you will have to get an assessment by NZQA.

1) Is this qualification included on the List of Recognised Qualifications?
Or has an Occupational Registration Body assessed your qualification as comparable to a New Zealand qualification that is on the List of Recognised Qualifications?
Answer = NO. Your qualification/degree is not on the list

2) Has your qualification been assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority?
Answer is NO. You will need to get the degree/qualification assessed by NZQA. I have given you the link above.

3) What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to
You will know the answer to this once the NZQA assessment comes back to you.

So, you should not continue with your EOI, until you have your NZQA assessment and level.